Black friday

45t

I-pad air at Target. $479.00 plus you get $100 gift card.

Wife wants one, but she wants the 32g version with verizon cellular pkg and It will cost more and can't get it at the store. :doah:

I hear tell that Wally World is going to have a 32" Tv for 98 bucks,seeing as Im still watching the TV I got in 1998 I think its time to upgrade :laugh:

Walmart is going to have a bunch of tv's on sale I wish I had more cash because they are going to have a 70" 1080p vizio smart tv for $998.

buckeye

Sorry, I wouldn't deal with those turkey stuffed, sick of bein around yheir family, rude folks for nuthin.

But, those are great deals. :thumbsup:

Any good internet ones. Don't have to talk to anyone that way.

I would never buy a black Friday TV or any crazy electronic deal. All I do around this time of year is hear about its cheaper for them to sit in line and get a TV on black Friday then pay me to fix there old set so I pull out the junk black Friday TV and show them why they are so cheap! Vizo TV's use reject panels from lg, Samsung and panasonic . then use super shitty power supplies and video boards. My TV is an lg from 08 but has a better picture and features then any TV under 1500 and I got it for free and replaced one 12v to 5v resistor.

Price of quality

I would never buy a black Friday TV or any crazy electronic deal. All I do around this time of year is hear about its cheaper for them to sit in line and get a TV on black Friday then pay me to fix there old set so I pull out the junk black Friday TV and show them why they are so cheap! Vizo TV's use reject panels from lg, Samsung and panasonic . then use super shitty power supplies and video boards. My TV is an lg from 08 but has a better picture and features then any TV under 1500 and I got it for free and replaced one 12v to 5v resistor.
I have a JVC 32 inch that has what looks like a water stain in the picture and effects the picture like a light shadowing of the lest 25 % of the screen and I was told that it is not repairable this information came from a friend that owns a shop I put a heating system in his store.
So wanting to replace the TV and go a bit bigger like 42 or 47 inch how would you know which sets are ones not built to hit a bottom price line and ones that are better built. I like you information about what you have seen from the back side of the set.
Steve :scooter:

I have a JVC 32 inch that has what looks like a water stain in the picture and effects the picture like a light shadowing of the lest 25 % of the screen and I was told that it is not repairable this information came from a friend that owns a shop I put a heating system in his store.
So wanting to replace the TV and go a bit bigger like 42 or 47 inch how would you know which sets are ones not built to hit a bottom price line and ones that are better built. I like you information about what you have seen from the back side of the set.
Steve with a water stain on a set that has not had a spill that sounds like the panel is coming apart.

I would stick with samsung or panasonic.

In that size range I would go with this tv
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/46-class-45-9-10-diag--led-1080p-60hz-smart-hdtv/5372883.p?id=1218637213786&skuId=5372883&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=8
But samsung also has a great non 3d set around 600 price range.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/46-class-45-9-10-diag--led-1080p-60hz-smart-hdtv/5372883.p?id=1218637213786&skuId=5372883&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=8

My son Michael has a 47 inch Samsung and had one fail after 3 years under warranty and bought another one when his could not be fixed. It does have a great picture and good sound. My daughter has a Viso about the same size. Thank you for the information I will be looking at a set by LG or Samsung

We have 2 42" LG TV's one is an LCD and the other is a Plazma both have great pictures and work excellent.
Only gripe on or LCD is that there is no RCA audio out jack (has an optical audio and so does my old receiver but have not been able to figure out how to get it to work) to tie it into a surround sound system and I am not trashing my JVC receiver just because it down't have a HDMI inputs to hook the TV to the surround sound.

toomanytoys

I was told that about Vizos before. I have a 4 year old 55" LCD 1080P Vizo. That TV has been on for hours upon hours. Its been a great TV. Has a good picture, and has never given me a moments trouble. Well I take that back, the remote quit working after about 5 minutes, I threw it in the trash and programmed my comcast remote to it.

I paid 799.00 dollars for it on a black friday sale at sam's club. I've gotten my cash out of it.

My experience I disagree with your statements about sub standard Vizio TVs.

Still going strong today. I watched the one of the newer bond flicks on it last night.

My parents have a Samsung LCD at their house, 55 or 60" My Dad paid big money for it a few years ago. Guess what? He comes up to my house and says "Darn I wish my Samsung's picture was that sharp!"

He lives than than a 1/10 of a mile away, and we have identical comcast plans.

Last edited:
i've got a 42" panasonic plasma about 5 years old. our power went off then back on & it hasn't worked since:censure: any chance of a simple fix??? sorry to hijack:shrug: