Blood glucose level competition.... who's in?

Bikerscum

For the last week I've had what felt like a kidney infection. Hurts like hell, can't sleep through the pain. I finally went to the urgent care center today.

They had me pee in a cup, then in for the exam. Turns out it's not a kidney infection :clap:

Your urine isn't supposed to have ANY glucose in it. A level over 15 mg/dl is a concern. Mine is 2000 :thumbsup: When I do something, I do it right.

They took my blood pressure, 2 nurses... one testing & one typing into the computer. The reading came up, long pause, they figured something must be wrong & took the thingy off & put it on the other arm. Nope, working ok. 192/121... pulse 97

I gather from their expressions that's not good.

So the good news is I don't have a kidney infection, I'm just a raging diabetic with out of control blood pressure.

What a relief! :laugh:

So who's in?? Anyone top 2000?

Bring it on, I'm just getting warmed up.

Cut all the sugar you can out.
Walk every chance you can.

Absolutely the two best things you can do is reduce what you eat and get all the refined sugar and carbs ect out of your diet.
Anything that gets your blood moving other than stress is good.
walk bike run swim ect ect.

You do not need fancy diets or vitamins or a personal trainer.
Just eat 3 parts fruit/veg and some whole grains to get the colon moving quick to 1 part meat and your OK

I am the poster child for bad health.
But I eat well and I am always on the move.
My joints are foooked and my lungs are kaput.
But I always move, I must move for my job.

Sitting is bad, makes you stiffen up and your veins and gutty works have time to slow down and gum up.

Now you know you need to make some changes comrade get out there and do!

I have type 2 diabetes, get your sugar under control and keep it that way. Your kidneys get damaged by both High BP and the blood sugar. Fix it now, Diet will control Blood sugar and medicine and losing weight helo BP. If you are overweight if you stick to a diabetic diet and watch carbs you will lose weight and control your blood sugar.

Wow. Looks like a low glycemic diet for you. Does beer have sugar?? :)
Yes depending on the type.

Usually the richer beer has complicated sugars that most of the yeast and action in your gutty works ha sa hard time dealing with.
This is why you fart after a few beer.

I like beer!

I stick with bitters and the low alcohol beers ( 4 to 4.5 ).
My theory is hops is a preservative.
If it keeps light beers from going bad its probably not going to make me spoil any faster than normal.
So anything hoppy and tart is probably got something in it that healthy.

Natural beer is better than factory beer.
Yeast is good for you.

So if you can get used to low carb well hopped beer that has not been pasteurized and filtered to death ( then gassed up with extra co2 ) this is probably the best thing you could drink after water or milk.

A little red wine or any win is good too!
Why do you think the French and Italians live so long?
good food and a little decent wine to help digest it.

There are a number of other reasons that can cause you to exceed your renal threshold for sugar besides diabetes. Follow up to find the cause. Usually it is easily fixed.

Doc

I'm not sure it would cause you to exceed the renal threshold but you'd have a heck of a time tying your shoe laces while balancing on a tightrope.

Doc

Bikerscum

Funny thing is, pain meds seem to have no affect. I have some heavy hitters, serious stuff.

What does make the pain go away is heat. Wrap a heating pad around the lower left side of my back & I'm good to go.

:shrug:

catfishman

When I hit 40, 3 years ago, thats when I started getting bad news, from doctors.high colesterol, not spelled right, herniated disc, then when my primary doc had me get my blood drawn this last time they tell me I am borderline diabetic.so I cut back on sugar, will find out what it says later this month.hell, I am 5'9" only weigh 170lbs. As far as my back, at work I try to tell all these younger guys to try and lift things the right way, using the legs, but they dont listen.

buckeye

Can't offer much input on this type of medical issues.
But, you need to follow up with your primary care doc.
Those lab values are way out of whack.

When I hit 40, 3 years ago, thats when I started getting bad news, from doctors.high colesterol, not spelled right, herniated disc, then when my primary doc had me get my blood drawn this last time they tell me I am borderline diabetic.so I cut back on sugar, will find out what it says later this month.hell, I am 5'9" only weigh 170lbs. As far as my back, at work I try to tell all these younger guys to try and lift things the right way, using the legs, but they dont listen.
These days the big push is on for MSD injuries

Truth is no one wants to take responsibility for the fact work wears a body out.
So you had better think real hard about how you move what you are moving and the repetitive strain injuries that will follow in works wake.

Finally I win something.

Had the same problem - only also had blood in the urine.

Its not so bad :eek:ut: all you have to do is give up sugar and anything that can turn into sugar. basically leaving you with two things you can eat - water and broccoli :laugh::laugh:

best see a dietician and although we joke take their advice seriously things can get really bad if not managed properly.

Oh one bonus is minibikin is colestrol free - does not affect the blood sugar is relaxaing and has plenty of fresh air

PS you you always open a balloon stand with that blood preasure when your diastolic goes over 100 they'll for sure think there equipment is broken

Get yourself well soon:thumbsup: