blowout on a jerry rigged bike, need tube advice

I had a blowout on the front tire of this kal kart i bought a while back. The valve stem broke clean off. Things about the bike were jerry rigged. There was some funky stuff going on with the wheels bearing wise, but i never took a close look at the tires or tubes. I just bought it and was taking it around on a ride once i fixed a few things when this happened. But long story short, i am wondering if someone can tell me what kind of tubes these rims require (curved 90 degree stem, or straight stem . I know the back one currently has a curved stem, & it is pressing against the rim as shown in the first picture. I think the front was the same, but just want to confirm before i buy anything new. want to make sure its safe before i proceed with my new plans i have for this bike. #1.jpg Screenshot_20170908-223251.jpg
edit: Ignore the 3rd picture.

Attachments

Last edited:
That white rim in pic on blue frame mini is set up for a tubeless tire, you could install a tube anyway but use a straight stem......................Tom.

The tire generally has the size printed on the sidewall. That's the size tube you need. Take your pick of valve stem. Either one should work. Curved stems are common on rear tires. Straight stems more common up front. I'm not really knowledgeable on tubeless tires. However, I don't believe a tubeless tire requires a specific type of rim...
Just an FYI, valve stems usually get torn or severed from an underinflated tire. You probably rode it with low tire pressure. Proper tire pressure is 10-20% less than "max cold pressure (psi)".

Even though you wouldn't use a tube you would still need the hole in the rim for the valve stem so you could fill it with air. I would think you would want a straight valve stem, the curved one like shown would be prone to catching on just about anything....Hope this helps!!!

Last edited: