Brand New Coleman BT200X won’t start???

Bought a brand new Coleman BT200X, had a defective front end, got an exchange next day.

Got the new one put together only to have it not start.

It’s igniting in the carb but it won’t ignite fully to start the bike itself (sounds like it’s JUST about too).

The throttle also wasn’t closing so when we turned the gas on, it was flooding very quickly.
We took the air filter off, tried to get it to kick over, and a little blue flame would shoot out where the air filter was, but pretty much nothing else was going on. Maybe too much air?

Did we get ANOTHER dud? Our friends have Coleman’s and we’ve watched them get them set up no problem?

I’d really rather fix this then go through the warranty process with Coleman. This was the last one in stock at my local store. Sorry if my terminology is off, I’m new at this, any help is welcome :)

Bought a brand new Coleman BT200X, had a defective front end, got an exchange next day.

It’s igniting in the carb but it won’t ignite fully to start the bike itself (sounds like it’s JUST about too).

The throttle also wasn’t closing so when we turned the gas on, it was flooding very quickly.
We took the air filter off, tried to get it to kick over, and a little blue flame would shoot out where the air filter was, but pretty much nothing else was going on. Maybe too much air?

Did we get ANOTHER dud? Our friends have Coleman’s and we’ve watched them get them set up no problem?

I’d really rather fix this then go through the warranty process with Coleman. This was the last one in stock at my local store. Sorry if my terminology is off, I’m new at this, any help is welcome :)

Replace the spark plug to start. The plugs those engine come with are junk. I just had an old Clinton do the same to me yesterday.... popping and snorting like it was mis-timed. Put a fresh plug in and fired up second pull..

SAS289

When you say the throttle wasn't closing. Do you mean the manual throttle on the handlebar was stuck? With the engine off the throttle on the carb should be open. When the engine starts the governor will pull the throttle on the carb to the idle position immediately after the choke is opened. You may have been flooded because the engine wouldn't start after pulling and pulling. When all is well these take one or two pulls to start.

If there is any concern about a stuck throttle you should get a block under the bike to get the back tire off the ground, Then start it and make sure it idles properly. Give a small rev or two then make sure it goes back to idle. The tire will spin when you rev.

If there is a problem with a stuck throttle once the bike starts the instant you open the choke the bike will take off. This is why you would have the back wheel off the ground to test it first. There are quite a few people who have manipulated their linkage to get more speed and had this happen to them.