Briggs 5hp help

I have a Briggs 5 hp mid 80's. Three horse carb on it, the one with the gastank under it, it ran fine for awhile till I took the govoner out. It wouldebt rev up so I did the enrichment and it ran fine. Now it won't even rev a little it will just stumble. It sounds like it has a baddest ass cam in it but it's stock and it is lined up right. Is it the carb?:shrug:

Phantom

I have a Briggs 5 hp mid 80's. Three horse carb on it, the one with the gastank under it, it ran fine for awhile till I took the govoner out. It wouldebt rev up so I did the enrichment and it ran fine. Now it won't even rev a little it will just stumble. It sounds like it has a baddest ass cam in it but it's stock and it is lined up right. Is it the carb?:shrug:

Does it smoke black?

Yes I did. I lined up the cam and crank right, the dot and the line.

Check for any carb leaks or the ground cable coming from the ignition coil, it sometimes makes contact with the flywheel housing causing misfire.

Also try starting the engine at mid choke to see if theres any difference.

I don't have any carb cleaner at the moment but I resealed the gaskets carefully with liquid gasket and it made no diffrence. The motor will barley idle, when I give it a little gas it dies, and there's like a pop commingled out of the carb air intake when I try to rev it.:doah:

I don't have any carb cleaner at the moment but I resealed the gaskets carefully with liquid gasket and it made no diffrence. The motor will barley idle, when I give it a little gas it dies, and there's like a pop commingled out of the carb air intake when I try to rev it.:doah:

A vid would be very helpful at this point, try checking the spark plug, cleaning the carb also did you try the half choke if its gas it needs you will know it with the choke.

Check you pickup tubes for junk! these tanks are notorious for collecting trash and rust that will get sucked up! check your diaphram too, ethanol in todays gas is horrible! did you put fresh gas in it or has it been sitting a while?