Briggs Help?

Pulled the old super bronc out a few months ago and started to get her going again.Purchased a good running 5hp briggs off an auction website.Problem is the gas tank is mounted to the engine and there is no way to clear the torque converter.Of course the pulsa jet is mounted to the tank....there is my major hurdle.Old Bronc has its own external tank.Now I looked around these forums and the net and the is alot of info. My goal is not winning races or showing off.Just need a good economical set up for an intake and carb to scoot bronc around. Part numbers and item numbers please if you can for your suggestions.Thanks alot guys.

The tecumseh adjustable carbs (like belong on the bike) run very good.. If you use the bigger Tecumseh 3.5 horse intake, it will bolt to a Briggs flathead.. The holes need to be messed with for everything to bolt up and line up right, but thats about all I use..

OR Briggs made a flathead 5 horse with a bowl carb, like last flathead you could buy.. Those plastic intakes work pretty good..

Or just any old after market racing intake like Rocco pictured works too..

Heres one I built from a Briggs carb cut in half, and a Tec vertical shaft intake glued on..

Remove the Briggs "Pulsa-Jet" carb/tank combo and install a Briggs "FLo-Jet" (bowl-type) carb and intake. Then you can either install a Briggs FRONT-mount tank or a remote/custom tank of your choice depending on the clearances on your frame.
Michael

Last edited: