briggs pto crankshaft

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Can't say, it all depends on the size of the crank, and intake PTO hole. The problem is briggs makes so many different sizes of parts instead of making one thing and sticking to it.

I was looking today, and the crankshaft that comes with it is no longer forsale, so it has a replacement for it. 699443, $56 then I will have a MINT 6.5 intec. I do not understand either,when it starts it sounds like a HIGHLY modded clone, It Idles like Boneshaker,but when it revs it sounds like a stocker. Also the pipe has just threads, no holes to bolt into.So I have a 90 degree elbow with a 12in 3/4 inch pipe.It dose sound pissed off, made my clone with a RLV header 1.2 rockers and 11.5.1 compression, sound like a POS stocker:eek:ut:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Well the briggs has slightly bigger valves than a clone, but the clone has way better port angles.

Mod to Mod the 6.5hp briggs should make just a little more power. Maybe a 1/2 hp more because of the added 10cc it has on the clone.

Thanks for clearing that up, I figure with the AGK 276 cam and a big valve head, 12.5.1 compression,it should sound pretty stout.:thumbsup:

Also the tight 90 elbow may be restricting the ex flow as it makes more friction improper valve clearance can also rob power and accel

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I was thinking back a while.
I had built 2 motors. 1 a briggs and 1 a clone. But had the .308 dyno cam billet flywheel, 26mm carb, on gas and 30 degrees, stock valve ported head.

The briggs was just a little faster, but the clone didn't have a flattop piston, or small chamber head.