Broncco axle adjuster

I'm planning on making my own adjusters, since parts for these bikes are scarce.
Can someone who has a TX model tell me what material they are made from? Aluminum, stainless steel? I've looked at a ton of pictures and no matter how crusty the bike is, I've never seen a rusty one.

Attachments

D924C00F-874D-419D-B5AF-F537DE620C77.jpeg 16F47DDA-E7B4-41F5-BB81-911F7E106353.jpeg
It’s steel because that’s a magnet on the tab.

“Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?”

Last edited:

nightgrider

I'm planning on making my own adjusters, since parts for these bikes are scarce.
Can someone who has a TX model tell me what material they are made from? Aluminum, stainless steel? I've looked at a ton of pictures and no matter how crusty the bike is, I've never seen a rusty one.
That style of axel/chain tensioners are usually referred to as snail cam. Hopefully that helps in your search. In case you decide not to fabricate your own.

That style of axel/chain tensioners are usually referred to as snail cam. Hopefully that helps in your search. In case you decide not to fabricate your own.
Thank you. I found some similar tensioners for sale on line, but not sure that the dimensions would work for my application. Looks easy enough to replicate, just curious about the material used.