Building up a new Predator

old-timer

Scamming Member
I got a new Predator and tore it down today. I'm building up a drag motor as part of my new project. Here's what I find odd/interesting. When I pulled the side cover, the timing was 3 teeth off :shrug: [note] I had just pulled it out of the unopened box.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Here's the goodie list

Black Mamba .275 lift 240 duration
ARC 3.308 billet rod
ARC billet flywheel
4 deg advanced key
28pound dual valve spring kit
92 jet
K+N filter
Header

Anything else I should think about? I've given some thought to a 22mm Mikuni carb, but thought I'd see how the stocker works out first.

Vic

vwfan79

Does the dual 28# kit come with upgraded valve train? Other wise you should think about upgrading it. That setup should spin in the low to mid 7000s, a Mikuni carb will put you well over 8000.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Does the dual 28# kit come with upgraded valve train? Other wise you should think about upgrading it. That setup should spin in the low to mid 7000s, a Mikuni carb will put you well over 8000.
That kit is just the springs+keepers. I was wondering if I should go with the chrome molly push rods as well.

Yeah I'm seriously thinking about the Mikuni carb. Problem is I've blown my allowance for the next year already :laugh:

Vic

vwfan79

Well thats good news cause I just bought one today with tank vent so hopefully it has the all metal cam, I know the one I bought a few months ago had the nylon gear.