Cam issues hard to turn over

White stripe 26lb springs are good to .325" lift
308x1.1=338.8"
Again I can't say it enough
Do the math
And unless you checked crankshaft end play with a dial indicator your far from perfect

Edit: I thought you have some champion rockers also this will fix the problem also
.308x1=.308" just under coil bind

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

Last edited:
He said stock rockers at 1:1 not 1.1 to 1 so I think his lift is .308 - lash. To check for coil bind insert a .010 feeler gauge in the spring and when it gets to full lift make sure it is loose in the spring. Do this on both intake and exhaust. If the dlick happens right around TDC it may just be the tappet falling off of the exhaust compression release tang. It is really impossible to tell cause we can't hear it. If you can put a dial indicator on the spring retainer you may see it jump a bit The compression release holds the exhaust open till it is near TDC on the compression stroke. Sometimes when the base circle of the cam is reduced the compression sits a bit high and cause some issues.

I saw 1.1 and he referred to them as stock so I'm leaning toward stamp steel 1.1:1 rockers but I thought in a past post he also has a set of champ shaft mount rockers 1:1 these will not give the as much lift at the valve but will be so much more stable at high rpm and be under the coil bind spec of .325"

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

He said stock rockers at 1:1 not 1.1 to 1 so I think his lift is .308 - lash. To check for coil bind insert a .010 feeler gauge in the spring and when it gets to full lift make sure it is loose in the spring. Do this on both intake and exhaust. If the dlick happens right around TDC it may just be the tappet falling off of the exhaust compression release tang. It is really impossible to tell cause we can't hear it. If you can put a dial indicator on the spring retainer you may see it jump a bit The compression release holds the exhaust open till it is near TDC on the compression stroke. Sometimes when the base circle of the cam is reduced the compression sits a bit high and cause some issues.
Full lift do you mean when the springs is compressed all the way

after the exhaust and intake compress all the way, the exhaust compresses like half way ant then you hear the click

If the slot for the key is sheered then you could still run the wheel without a key by lapping it and then setting the timing . I wouldn't think it would cause it to wobble though . I would really take a close look at the crank first . Good luck .

If the slot for the key is sheered then you could still run the wheel without a key by lapping it and then setting the timing . I wouldn't think it would cause it to wobble though . I would really take a close look at the crank first . Good luck .
just bought a new crank yesterday, brand new hardened crank