Cam replacement

Well...to be honest...there are plenty of things you can do to the motor before moving up to the cam. But if you take off the gov...billet is a must on here.

Well...it takes alot to make it sound like a drag bike. The cam you mention is only a rather mild cam compared to the ones we run in the more HP motors. My best advice..is to learn to walk before you run. Start small and work your way up in other words.

Well...it takes alot to make it sound like a drag bike. The cam you mention is only a rather mild cam compared to the ones we run in the more HP motors. My best advice..is to learn to walk before you run. Start small and work your way up in other words.

THAT.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Take your time with it, start small, & crawl before you walk.

If you'd put the effort in to tearing the motor down to put a new cam in there, you might as well do the whole thing right.

If your not planning on turning 8500, that's not the cam I would recommend. I would be running a cam with duration in the 240's @ .050. The F275 has almost 260@ .050, that's a lot, gonna have to be turned to make power. Also, compression makes sound, and most racing engines are rich..which makes them sound better too.

Last edited: