Can I start my mini bike without the clutch or torque converter attached?

Hey everyone, hope your sunday is going well.

I fitted an air filter and exhaust to my RB200 yesterday, and also tore down the clutch and jack shaft to replace with a torque converter.

Unfortunately the TC I purchased does not appear to fit without raising the engine, so right now the bike is naked without a clutch or TC installed.

Can I start it up without the clutch or TC without engine damage?

I didnt know if it provided some sort of resistance the engine needs, and without it connected I assumed the engine would spool up quite quickly and get me into danger zone RPMs?

I have a jet on the way as well, but wanted to start her up and check for leaks ETC, just didnt know if I should wait until the TC is installed, or put the clutch back on...

help :) ???

I fitted an air filter and exhaust to my RB200 yesterday, and also tore down the clutch and jack shaft to replace with a torque converter.

Unfortunately the TC I purchased does not appear to fit without raising the engine, so right now the bike is naked without a clutch or TC installed.

I didnt know if it provided some sort of resistance the engine needs, and without it connected I assumed the engine would spool up quite quickly and get me into danger zone RPMs?

I have a jet on the way as well, but wanted to start her up and check for leaks ETC, just didnt know if I should wait until the TC is installed, or put the clutch back on...

Dang I can't believe your tc didn't fit, I know you asked me on my thread and I said ya because mine fit without risers. I wonder if the one you got is slightly bigger you would think they would all be the same size, you should post some pics of your new exhaust I want to get a header for mine

copyman

I'm no expert and don't even know what a RB200 is:oops:. Learning as I go along but thought that's what the Gov is for, to stop engine from over revving?

My only experience running engine with naked PTO shaft is with older TEC H50's that all had Gov's and eng bogged down has soon as rev's hit a certain point. Only thing I noticed is more vibration without anything on shaft.

Sorry couldn't of been more help just curious about the governor.

Dang I can't believe your tc didn't fit, I know you asked me on my thread and I said ya because mine fit without risers. I wonder if the one you got is slightly bigger you would think they would all be the same size, you should post some pics of your new exhaust I want to get a header for mine
will do, it sounds A M A Z I N G!!!!

I went ahead and fired it up without the TC installed, but took it realllllly easy on it and only blipped it a couple of times just barely any throttle.

sounds like a freakin mini harley or something now, its raunchy good!