Cancer really sucks !!!!

jeep4me

Just found out that my best friend has colon cancer and it's in stage 4. Its spread to his liver and who knows where else. He's 41, married and has a son the same age as mine (11). I grew up with this guy, since 1st grade. Up until the age of 25 we were pretty much inseperable. Hunting, golfing, fishing, camping, the whole thing.

Now he has this. The last 10 years we've lived less than 20 miles from each other and the only time we talk is after hunting season and around the holidays.

The outlook for him is not good. Probably less then a year. How do you catch up on too many missed years?

bandit 40

I'm sorry to here that jeep4me, its never a good thing when when you here of someone with this terrible disease ,coping with it has got to be horrible, I have had to face this same thing with a friend a couple years ago, he beat the odds and lived longer than they said I hope the same for your friend, take care Bandit...............

Sorry to hear this tragic news. I feel for the family and your friendship. I lost two close friends of mine in 2008. It does suck! For the child most of all. Now, your in Military Mode.>

However, additude plays a very important role. Be positive. Show everyone you and he will beat the Cancer's ass and work diligently to keep faith in the forefront of your own mind. Sometimes we loose, but miricles are abundant in God's Kingdom. He can and will need a proper support system in place to move into the phase of conquering the Cancer.

You must be strong!

"I will never let anything beat me."

Even when the odds seem insurmountable the odds change, just like the moon phases and the tide.

Keep us in the loop with updates, you got everyone's attention on this one and there is no stopping the "OldMiniBikes Forum Support System."

TT

Last edited:
Man cancer really :censure: sucks sorry jeep4me, I know what your going through recently my grandfather died from stomach cancer, It was hard on the whole family watching him deteriorate like that, also my mom has Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia that shes fighting off, chemotherapy is a terrible thing to go through she had 98% of her blood was cancerous, but thankfully shes in remission and last tested with no cancer cells, but she has to find a bone marrow donor were still hopeful. hope things go well for you and your friend just keep a positive outlook and take it day by day.

125ccCrazy

I am truely sorry to hear this, Cancer is on the rampage, it is not prejudice who it effects.... I'll be praying for your friend and his family, Miracles still happen and God still answers prayers, maybe not the way we always expect but we need to believe and trust in him that all things will work out..

Jeep4me,
I've been meaning to hook up with you for sometime, since we live close by. Sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my mom to the big C and I beat out prostate C, so I can relate, a little.
About making up lost time, it never happens. The beautiful thing about great friendships is that in spite of how long it's been since you've seen each other, the next time you meet, the conversations picks up like it never missed a beat. My late best friend and I were like that.
What can you do? Be there for the rest of the trip, and don't be afraid to talk about it with him. It helps, believe me. Just continue being the friend you've always been. Some day we'll talk.

jeep4me my prayers are with everyone affected by the unfortunate life occurance. I also lost my 41yr old cousin to colon in 04.cancer sucks my dads fighting prostrate cancer dont hide or denigh your emotions. remember all the people we love are just on loan to us life is short and everyday is a blessing. touch as many peoples hearts as you can.

jeep4me

Thanks to all of you!! On top of this was the horrible experience my family had on our recent Disney trip. Someone up there must be testing me.

I spoke with my friend, Troy, and he started his kemo treatments on Monday. His liver is inoperable due to the numerous (more than 20) spots that are spread through out. The cancer has already spread to the lymph nodes near his colon and liver, that's not good. But, he is strong and is going to fight this tooth and nail. He has a huge friend and family network and alot of people are praying for him.

I wish him the best.