Can't get help

Hi, hope i"m in the right place. Made a call, stated my case ordered a clutch and can' use it. I ordered a Noram star 1" 13t 35 chain for a father son project. We have a B&S 5HP w/1" shaft. I need the clutch to run inboard for proper alignment. The clutch we received is counter bored and has spline bearings where it would be retained on the shaft, that wont do. Can someone let me know if a solution exits. Thanks.

Hi Tleff
Welcome, best thing is to post some pictures of what your trying to do
otherwise I would suggest adding a jackshaft plate
This way you can slide the sprockets back and forth to get it lined up
you can also play around with different ratio's for top end and take off...
oh yea...post it in the other section general talk or more than two wheels section
this is more like the parts wanted section

125ccCrazy

one solution is another clutch... you can't invert that clutch...it's only an outboard application..

The other solution is a 3/4 crank, there are several clutches avail for 3/4"

You could go the 1" bore clutch route, except last time I bought a new one I paid $80. I actually just picked up a 2001 5hp Briggs with a 1" shaft this last weekend and I am going to swap in a crank with a 3/4" shaft and I think I have to swap on a new sidecover for the 3/4" shaft as well. That would likely be the easiest way to go, unless you pull the crank from the motor and take it to a machine shop and have them turn it down from 1" to 3/4".

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

george3

Hi, hope i"m in the right place. Made a call, stated my case ordered a clutch and can' use it. I ordered a Noram star 1" 13t 35 chain for a father son project. We have a B&S 5HP w/1" shaft. I need the clutch to run inboard for proper alignment. The clutch we received is counter bored and has spline bearings where it would be retained on the shaft, that wont do. Can someone let me know if a solution exits. Thanks.
Get a refund on the clutch you bought and get the correct one. Inbord 1" will be more money. and not 13 tooth. you have to run 3/4 for small tooth count.