Carb choices for HS50

Hi all, I've been looking at getting a new carb for my HS50 as the one that came with it is a diaphram type meant for smaller engines, and won't run quite right.

I've been looking over some of the carbs on amazon.com, but not really sure what would be right. I've found these two and they both look to be the adjustable type but i'm no small engine guru, so i figured i'd get a little advice.

So basically, would either of these work? Is there a better source out there?

Amazon.com: Oregon 50-646, Carburetor, Tecumseh 6322: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com: Oregon 50-647, Carburetor, Tecumseh 6326: Patio, Lawn & Garden

jrzmac

those are o.k..... you could try this one too: it's a little cheaper Carburetor Carb for Tecumseh 631828 631067 Fits H50 H60 Engines | eBay these are aftermarket carbs so the quality isn't as good as the original but as long as you drain the gas before you store it for any length of time, you should be o.k.!!! the ethanol KILLS these carbs.. I have one of the ones you posted for the h35's in my Rupp Scrambler. works fine. It is my second one though, because I forgot to drain the gas a few summers ago, :doah: I cleaned the hell out of it but it just wouldn't run right? so I bought another one. runs fine now!

Hi all, I've been looking at getting a new carb for my HS50 as the one that came with it is a diaphram type meant for smaller engines, and won't run quite right.

I've been looking over some of the carbs on amazon.com, but not really sure what would be right. I've found these two and they both look to be the adjustable type but i'm no small engine guru, so i figured i'd get a little advice.

So basically, would either of these work? Is there a better source out there?

Amazon.com: Oregon 50-646, Carburetor, Tecumseh 6322: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com: Oregon 50-647, Carburetor, Tecumseh 6326: Patio, Lawn & Garden
Either of those will work. You have to be mindful of the bellcrank on the end of the throttle shaft. The second one will probably be better suited for your motor. Look closely at it.