Carb issues....I think.

I completely this carb, soaked it in GUNK carb clean for like a week, brushed everything out good, all new parts in carb, trued the diaphram cover and it runs great until the bike starts to get good and warm then it wants to spit and sputter and and act up. Also if you ride it for a while and then park it and put it up on the kickstand (center style that lifts back wheel off the ground) and then restart it and go to take off, as soon as the bike jars when it hits the ground coming off the kick stand it wants to die. It also does this when entering or exiting the driveway where there is like a 1/2"-3/4" bump in the pavement and it jolts the bike. The bike has a header on it and I kind wondered if maybe it's not trying to vapor lock. The flywheen is advanced 4* also but I am pretty sure that isn't the issue.

The bike is sometimes a bear to start, you have to pull the choke out half way and then keep pulling and closing the choke until you find the sweet spot before it fires to start.

I am going to look into getting some header wrap just keep it cool right next to the carb and see if maybe that will help it any.

Here is a couple of pics....

Thanks for any and all help guys. The bike runs great until it gets pretty warm then thats when it acts up.

Im pretty sure it is, but all the signs kinda point to that. I have pulled the cap and it doesn't seem to change it any. I will swap caps see if it helps it any.

I pulled the cap last night and it appears to be vented just fine. I can blow air through it just fine. I have rode the bike and when it did messed up thought I had ran out of gas so i pulled the cap and checked to make sure I had gas and it still acted up afterward. I still seem to think it is possibly vapor locking the carb or something. I have had this carb apart like 2-3 times now and everything looks great on it, inside and out. :confused:

Thanks Outlaw Ace, I will try that. I always buy actual Briggs parts when I rebuild a carb but I know how everything is now made over seas so the quality and craftsmanship is no longer there.