Carb Jet Question?

When I bought my mini the previous owner put the K&N style air filter on a clone without getting new jets for the carb. Now the engine has to be choked to run right and it pops big time on decceleration. From what I understand I need to get a idle jet/low speed jet, emulsion tube, and a main jet. What size main jet should I get?. Could you guy's tell me if I have the right stuff in order?

JamnJM

It depends on your altitude.

I bought all those parts (and more), never used them but have moved onto Mikuni so I can make you a deal on them. Plus extra carb too.

TomH

When I bought my mini the previous owner put the K&N style air filter on a clone without getting new jets for the carb. Now the engine has to be choked to run right and it pops big time on decceleration. From what I understand I need to get a idle jet/low speed jet, emulsion tube, and a main jet. What size main jet should I get?. Could you guy's tell me if I have the right stuff in order?
Kinda hard to tell you the right stuff. Everybody's setup is a bit different. Altitude, weight etc.

You didn't say anything about a header, adding a breather is going to not make much of a difference. Anyway...The 140 tube from what I hear will increase the low end torque. High end it does very little. Choked to run right could be dirty filter or probably dirty fuel clogging the carb. If your plug is white when you pull it, it is too lean. Best way I know to get it setup is to buy a set of micro drill bits and drill your jets. Go up one size at a time, run it and check your plug. Time consuming eh? But if you guess at it and overshoot the mark, it will run worse than when you started. I learned that myself:doah: When you get it right you can buy the right size jet for your set up. The mini drills will have a size on them. CTjimi has an outstanding thread below found by using the search. After you clean the carb, buy a couple of those clear filters that OldMiniBikes sells, they are the cat's a$$ and will protect all your hard work.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-predator-engines/42480-diy-re-jetting-6-5-a.html

Kinda hard to tell you the right stuff. Everybody's setup is a bit different. Altitude, weight etc.

You didn't say anything about a header, adding a breather is going to not make much of a difference. Anyway...The 140 tube from what I hear will increase the low end torque. High end it does very little. Choked to run right could be dirty filter or probably dirty fuel clogging the carb. If your plug is white when you pull it, it is too lean. Best way I know to get it setup is to buy a set of micro drill bits and drill your jets. Go up one size at a time, run it and check your plug. Time consuming eh? But if you guess at it and overshoot the mark, it will run worse than when you started. I learned that myself:doah: When you get it right you can buy the right size jet for your set up. The mini drills will have a size on them. CTjimi has an outstanding thread below found by using the search. After you clean the carb, buy a couple of those clear filters that OldMiniBikes sells, they are the cat's a$$ and will protect all your hard work.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-predator-engines/42480-diy-re-jetting-6-5-a.html
I read that thread and love it but so far I've spent about $40.00 in gas just looking for those stupid little bits. I can't find them anywhere and as cheap as the jets are I can't see continuing my search for bits. The bike does have a header that is really short and my elevation is around 1,033.1175 ft. CTjimi mentions at the top of that thread that you need bigger jets if you add a K&N style air filter. The guy I bought it from, added the air filter but no jets. Now it runs like Crapola! I would think that if you add a high flow air filter you would increase the amount of air so in turn you would need to increase the amount of fuel. This is why I'm having to run it choked because the choke is decreasing the amount of air so the jets can keep up.:shrug: Maybe I'm wrong on this.
Maybe I should just go one size larger than stock jets. Whatever that may be.

TomH

I would buy two or three. Look at what size bit he used and get that jet. go one over, and one smaller and I bet you would have it. The idle I think has to be drilled. I drilled mine too large. The crap bits that I bought broke, so I used the next bigger one. Now it loads up at idle. As it was before I screwed it up, it would pop when I let off, and needed to be choked before it started anytime hot or cold. Now it loads up and still needs to be choked to start, but it doesn't pop..sooo I think some of the carbs do better with the mods than others. I think they used two different carbs for the clones. OldMiniBikes has two different jet styles for the low speed idle jet, both are .016..go figure.

I would buy two or three. Look at what size bit he used and get that jet. go one over, and one smaller and I bet you would have it. The idle I think has to be drilled. I drilled mine too large. The crap bits that I bought broke, so I used the next bigger one. Now it loads up at idle. As it was before I screwed it up, it would pop when I let off, and needed to be choked before it started anytime hot or cold. Now it loads up and still needs to be choked to start, but it doesn't pop..sooo I think some of the carbs do better with the mods than others. I think they used two different carbs for the clones. OldMiniBikes has two different jet styles for the low speed idle jet, both are .016..go figure.
There are 2 different clone carbs.... RuiXing and Huayi

E tubes and jets interchange .....Idle jet and idle screw are different thread/size

rmm727

I knew NR had them. Stout racing has them too but theirs is $25. Though I don't think it comes with the big jet your supposed to use with the adjustable needle. Wanted to know if OldMiniBikes actually had them or someone mistook the low side needle for it.