cat400x pics

45t

Is that wood grain on the kill switch plate? Never seen that before.

BTW, OldMiniBikes.com has the peg covers. I just got two sets for my Cats.

thjanks. only thing i need is foot peg covers and a good cleaning.. install chain, clutch and guard. newer carb but it runs pretty good. thanks.. decal for front forks will make it sweet..

markus

very nice bike! This is a decal I would like to see repopped,

Not one you see too often. I'm pretty sure I save the remains of mine for dimensions from my 350ss:

Maybe get one done without the model # on it???

Nice find lic! It's cool to see that there are more original bikes out there waiting. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time cleaning and shining that prize.

I have the artwork on the small model tags, one of my Endura's had it still intact. I'll post the eps artwork in the a.m..

This is a low-res image of the file for my R4005 for viewing purposes only. I can make these files for any model CAT. I own the fonts legally.

Original files are vector art. eps, or ai documents. That is what you would take to your printer/label maker to be produced on foil. Alot of companies do this.

I'm sure the intent was for all the models to have one, but it was most likely the first decal to wear off, given its location and size. I don't know when they started using them...,if it was from the get-go or later. The Endura I have that still had it intact was from the '71 model line.

I am not sure when they started using these labels but I can say for sure that my 400x that I bought new in 1969 did not come with a sticker like that. In fact I'm pretty sure that it didn't have a serial number on it either. I remember a lot about it and after repainting it twice I never remember seeing a Serial number.