cdownie3 1968 Rupp XL-350

I think i have a few extra brackets laying around, i'd sell one. PM me if interested
Thanks, I believe I have a line on one , but will let you know if I need one.

I have decided to keep the bike a XL-350 and use the bigger motor.

Did these bikes come with GENERAL brand tires , like the TT-500? I know they are the smaller 4.10 x 3.50 size.

Someone put a bunch of epoxy on the bottom of the tank, probably had a leak. I will pressure check it before I send to chrome.

This is the third different style of mounting I have seen on a Rupp tank

Cleaning one of these up now. Your going to have a great bike when your done.

These are the original tires that are on the bike, good year
Thanks, I think I have a set of GOODYEARS

Did you find your foot peg covers? I have one in this pile of stuff , I don't think the rubber will come off, I can swap you for one of your pegs.

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Man, I'm glad that bike is finally getting some love. I was just talking about it the other day, saying I wish I had kept it.

Best of luck in the buildoff!

Hope I'm not hijacking your build but which way does that disc brake bracket go? The one that goes through the axel. Thanks Chris. I know your the Rupp King:laugh:

Hope I'm not hijacking your build but which way does that disc brake bracket go? The one that goes through the axel. Thanks Chris. I know your the Rupp King:laugh:
On the front it faces out, tangs towards the cable arm. On the rear it goes the other way. You can only put them together one way, but you don't see it until you put the wheel on the bike. The caliper in top picture looks like a front one , the rear has a little longer stud to fit the brake light switch

It is the front caliper. The bike was missing it when I got the bike. Think I have all the brake parts now. Didn't get to the back yet.:laugh: Thank you for the help.:thumbsup: