cdownie3 1968 Rupp XL-350

Rupp 72

Looks like an awesome project Clownie3!

I think Rick Adam would give you his left arm for that clutch guard.
Notice the difference between a XL350 and XL500 chain guard. An XL500 has an extrusion right where the clutch is similar to a TT500 where the XL350 chain guards are completely flat along the entire chain guard. Here are some pictures showing the difference.

XL500

XL350 AF15_r5294_01.jpg
Just wanted to clear that up so everyone knows exactly what they have and what they are looking for.

Last edited:

Notice the difference between a XL350 and XL500 chain guard. An XL500 has an extrusion right where the clutch is similar to a TT500 where the XL350 chain guards are completely flat along the entire chain guard. Here are some pictures showing the difference.

XL500

XL350 View attachment 80861
Just wanted to clear that up so everyone knows exactly what they have and what they are looking for.
You are correct.. I just assumed the clutch guards were the same from moving the sprocket to the outside of the frame, They do have different part numbers. Mine is a XL-350 guard . Thanks for pointing this out I will mock it up to make sure it will work with that big block before I have it chromed

Rupp 72

You are correct.. I just assumed the clutch guards were the same from moving the sprocket to the outside of the frame, They do have different part numbers. Mine is a XL-350 guard . Thanks for pointing this out I will mock it up to make sure it will work with that big block before I have it chromed
I hope it works for you. The chrome clutch guards are so cool!

Nice catch Nate! I missed that the first time I looked at it.