chain saw engine

delray

pickup this real cool clinton chain saw and little gas in the carb and she runs good:thumbsup: looks like the engine would lean forward to have the correct rotation for a minibike set up. not sure on the hp? maybe 3hp.

Last edited:
I had an old ass McCulloch that had a split tank like that.. That Clinton should work fine.. They change mufflers and gas tanks and stuff but the basic engine is all the same.. Nice old saw.. :thumbsup:

Has anyone evr tried using one of these Wright engines? This reciprocating saw has a BIG old two stroke on it.. They had regular CHAIN saws with the same engine..

[/IMG]

HEY!!! Speaking of old chainsaws, a bunch came into the junk yard and I got me a O & R chainsaw that looks Ohhhh so nice.... AND!! a Clinton 2 stroke generator that looks OHHhhhh so nice.... BUNCH of crap... I had to hide it because I spent all my money yesterday all over the world but WOW you gotta see the pile I got tucked away at the Ole Honey Hole... :shifty:

delray

dobber your probable right.don't plan on unglueing it for now. it would make a cool little engine for a minibike. i found the litte guy in mt pleasant ia. still try to find more info on it. i like to know the hp on it.

delray

ok randy i will keep that in mind,that may just help ID it little more:thumbsup:

Last edited:
There is another at the scrap yard right now.. The dumbass kid that junked it threw it on the ground and broke a bunch of pieces off the motor.. :glare: It would probably run still though..