Champion rockers install on UT2 head?

Ordered the champion shaft rockers today. Are they a full bolt on or do I need to machine the head at all? There going on a UT2 160 head. Am wondering if the rocker stud boss needs machined down at all or machined flat.

Ya, there is a new style? There going on a motor that's mild. There shaped like a C. There being ran with the CL1 cam and GX140 springs I mentioned in my other post about the lash cap on the intake. Building a factory mix match motor. Trying to build a high torque motor using a mix of factory stock and modified parts with as little aftermarket parts as I can.

Well just lapped my valves and found out NR racing has miss information on the UT2 head. They say it uses a 26mm intake and a 24mm exhaust but when I lapped my exhaust valve it was sitting too high on the valve. After measuring and looking it up it turns out the UT2 exhaust is 23mm not 24mm. Was wanting to have the motor running in a few days but guess I will have to wait. Just though I would post for any one looking at doing the UT2 head swap. I stole the exhaust valve out of a good new BSP head so guess I can put that back together and ready it for the coleman motor.

Ya but this is part of the fun of building and why I wanted to get in to the hobby. It's fun to learn new stuff.
You sure are Pixel. Good to see you posting what you're coming up with as well. :thumbsup: I wish you were in to flatheads though, so I could use the information! HAHA! :thumbsup: When I see "UTC," I think about something the Dr. says in the office with a stern look on his face.

You sure are Pixel. Good to see you posting what you're coming up with as well. :thumbsup: I wish you were in to flatheads though, so I could use the information! HAHA! :thumbsup: When I see "UTC," I think about something the Dr. says in the office with a stern look on his face.
Well I do have the option to get an old Briggs 10hp motor for free. I could get around to building some day. It was running but some one stole the bolts out of the side cover. Could be cool on an old yard kart some day. We will see. I will have to see how hard it is to get a rebuild kit for. It looks old school.

Last edited:
Just a heads up. Vegas Carts has the old style Champion Shaft rockers in stock. I picked up a set the other day since people prefer the old over new. $19.95 plus shipping

Daniel Coop

I like your project Dead Pixel and your idea of building a mismatched high torque motor with high compression head. I've got a similar project I'm working on for my Serengeti Badger. (Baja section) I'm using an older, worn out, non Hemi Predator block, that I am freshening up with a new rod rings and original CL1. I'm adapting my .070 milled and ported 5 bolt Grayhound clone head to fit the larger dowels in the 212 block and using 1.3 ratio rockers to cheat a little more lift outta that CL1.

I was an idiot and scratched the top of my block installing my piston. Just got a new block in the other day so motor should be up and running soon. Will have the original block milled later and fixed. I have .012" below deck on the first block. Not impressed with the quality of my second Ducar block. Will do a post about it in a few days. Will order a BSP block next time. Will probably do all future builds on BSP motors if starting with new motor.

The champion rockers might be the only pair I buy for a while. Just got them because I thought they would be cool to have and went with the theme of the build. Very nice pieces. Just running GX140 springs though.

I will look for your build Daniel.

Last edited:
Please explain scratched the top of my block ? And to do it bad enough to have to get a block . Do you mean the cyclinder walls ?
No... :anon.sml: I was incredibly stupid and used a small old flat head screw driver when installing my piston. I had a few strong mai tai's and decided to work on the motor. Did it in the kitchen and had oil on the top of the block so did not see it was being scratched tell I wiped the top of the block clean. As embarrassing as it is I will take pictures tonight so others that are new don't make the same mistake. I had motor together but did not install the seal on the flywheel side yet and when I did I pushed it in too far and had to pull crank back out to push seal back out. I scratched it putting it back together. Lesson's learned #1 don't drink and work on stuff although I do this when working on cars and have not had a problem yet hahaha #2 don't sue metal when installing piston although I already knew this and #3 install seal before assembling the motor.