chrome spray paint?

has any one ever tried chorme spray paint? im using it on my 300x bars and spring and i tell ya what it dosent look half bad

I haven'r found anything in a spary can that looks like real chrome. I like "aluminum" or metal flake since it doesn't look like it's trying to be something it's not. :sailor:

WOW Strig, that thing looks great.. I have noticed that ANY of those really flashy metalic looking paints will just fall right off if you get chemicals on it.. And the bumper chrome stuff is shiny for a while, but will fade after time.. It seams to work a LOT better if you use it with a clear coat.. And I preffer the aluminum as well.. The chrome looks kinda weird usually..

Not real big on the spraycan chromes but they aren't bad. The "almost chrome" powdercoats can look really cool and have high reflectivity...I'll bet a powdered frame would look killer.

i want that color changey paint that changes with temperature :smile: chome spray paint doesnt do it for me. It always looks too milky to me. I just use silver

I've used the chrome before...It can look good, but it's not very durable at all, it scratches if you breath on it wrong, lol! It's also very tough to clear coat and keep the nice sheen. I agree with some of the other posters, go with the aluminum paint, or just get it chromed. Then again, a pair of handle bars is about $50-$80 to get chromed!

I've tried several different brands...none of that spray-bomb crap. Some you can actually buff before clear. Even if they look 'kinda-sorta ok' before clear, it always ends up looking like buffed aluminum to me. If you want the chrome look...pass-

I used chrome paimt on a snow thrower restoration and the stuff went on super thin and it took forever and a day to dry. Also I do not believe that you can spray clear over it.

If you're gong to spray I would go with a good metalic silver, top it with clear, lightly spray over the clear with the silver and keep the rattle can 18 inches away, do not sand and now give it a nice top coat of clear. The metalic flakes are now suspended between the two coats of clear...nice....

I've tried several different brands...none of that spray-bomb crap. Some you can actually buff before clear. Even if they look 'kinda-sorta ok' before clear, it always ends up looking like buffed aluminum to me. If you want the chrome look...pass-
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :lol: I don't so much care what you said..... We ALLL seam to have the same bad feelings towards spray Ghetto Chrome....... BUT!!!! I HAD TO write and say....... I think your avatar is the best one I have seen on here yet.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used chrome paimt on a snow thrower restoration and the stuff went on super thin and it took forever and a day to dry. Also I do not believe that you can spray clear over it
Chrome Paint

This stuff is designed to be applied SUPER thin...like multiple dust coats....and it does go a long way. Also, your surface must be PERFECTLY smooth, any imperfections will be easily apparent...and yes, it is supposed to have a clearcoat.

well the more and more the chrome dired the crapper it started to look i went to touch it after it sat drying for like 6 hours and my finger took the paint right offf screw this off to the powder coaters it will be POWDER COATED chrome screw this spray on BS

That plane is hilarious.... Uhhhh I can not say for sure if is SUPPOSED to have clear.. but I know I always used it.. You almost have to.... YES it does not LIKE clear.. clear will about melt chrome paint right off... You have to be careful the first couple shots of clear because it re-wets the paint.. BUT after it hardens up, then it will be stronger and stick better and the next coat will cover better... It's a pain in the butt to work with. :doah:

yea but for 30 bucks i can have the bars and the spring and cup for the bike sand blasted and powder coated chrome for 30 bucks cant beat it and its right down the road

WOW 30 bucks is about as cheap as spray paint. :doah: how can ya not do it for 30 bucks. :thumbsup: Were you going to do your wheels too? I would look into having them done too. It will keep everything the same color, and being you already there doing some parts... they may not charge so much to throw in a couple wheels too... Just a thought..