CL yerf dog

Just got this sweet yerf dog off CL for $150, original price was 275 so I offered for how much with just the frame and torque converter and he said 150, but ended up giving me the whole thing for 150. engine runs good its a 5 horse flathead tecumseh govenor removed by previous owner or him (heard that's not good on tecumseh's because their rods break easy) but I don't have the original linkage. It has problems with the torque converter (comet 20 series, will make thread on this later) chain hits engine, sprocket is welded on ): and lots of various non oem welds. Planning on putting my 212 on it

normally the yerf dogs come with an overhead valve tecumseh, those are known for breaking if ungoverned. i do not know about their flatheads though.

my yerf dog had messed up set screws on the sprocket. might be why someone welded yours on. i ended up grinding and drilling out my set screw hole and welding a nut over it to be new set screw threads

if you dont have to do anything to the axle, dont worry about it being welded on. if you do need to mess with it, use a thin disc cutter over a grinder to keep you from messing up the axle.

Okay yeah the messed up set screws are probably the thing because the brake is welded too.. I'm going to leave the axel alone like you said and I'm just gonna take of the engine and torque converter and put on my 212cc and buy the right size clutch. Does anyone know what size chain this kart has? It's bigger than 35

normally the yerf dogs come with an overhead valve tecumseh, those are known for breaking if ungoverned. i do not know about their flatheads though.

my yerf dog had messed up set screws on the sprocket. might be why someone welded yours on. i ended up grinding and drilling out my set screw hole and welding a nut over it to be new set screw threads

if you dont have to do anything to the axle, dont worry about it being welded on. if you do need to mess with it, use a thin disc cutter over a grinder to keep you from messing up the axle.
Do you know what size chain my kart has?

Do you know what size chain my kart has?

Just got this sweet yerf dog off CL for $150, original price was 275 so I offered for how much with just the frame and torque converter and he said 150, but ended up giving me the whole thing for 150. engine runs good its a 5 horse flathead tecumseh govenor removed by previous owner or him (heard that's not good on tecumseh's because their rods break easy) but I don't have the original linkage. It has problems with the torque converter (comet 20 series, will make thread on this later) chain hits engine, sprocket is welded on ): and lots of various non oem welds. Planning on putting my 212 on it
Yeah that flathead Tecumseh is a ticking time bomb with no governor, luckily I run the bomb disposal unit here on the site and can take it off your hands. I'm so nice I'll even send you a hundred dollar bill to cover postage and your gas and shipping supplies, safety is my goal.:laugh: