Clone side cover gasket

I know most honda and clone engine parts are interchangeable

My 5.5 dong jiang seems to be a gx160 knock off

Want to know if anyone knows for a fact this gasket will fit before I order it

Thanks in advance

This seems to be the gasketDJ-1340

Some clown used half of a tube of rtv on it I'll have to clean up

When I first tried pulling the engine over it seemed like a valve or something was hanging

Turned out there was no side cover gasket causing the engine to bind up when the case bolts were tight

Last edited:
Yes that rust is a bit alarming....

Maybe some Naval Jelly ( not belly button jam :doah: phosphoric acid wash ) and clean the rust after a long inspection.
I would change the bearings

yea cause i dought it would be the side cover creating bind cause them gaskets are paper thin any way and i use RTV all the time for almost any kinda gasket it works great every time. It might be the rusty cams/crank thats creating the bind posibly rusted or screwd bearings as well. It makes you think if these things are rusty and messed up wat else is :eek:ut:

The binding was caused from the side cover with out a gasket .. With gasket on now there is almost no side to crank shaft play

The cam journal on the side cover has wear from where the cam was binding up against the case cover

The rust is from condensation the engine sat outside for along time before I got it

There is nothing binding up now with a gasket in there now she starts one pull

Bought the whole bike for $60.00 and a 35 min ride to pick it up:scooter:

Last edited:

This seems to be the gasketDJ-1340

Some clown used half of a tube of rtv on it I'll have to clean up

When I first tried pulling the engine over it seemed like a valve or something was hanging

Turned out there was no side cover gasket causing the engine to bind up when the case bolts were tight
Check out the link and read the description at the very bottom of the link.
DJ-1305