Close call with the Cops

jeep4me

I had my first close call with the police tonite. I decided to take the big bike (El Burro) out for a spin. And, seeing that it was such a nice nite, I thought I would go for an extra long spin. I filled up the gas tank and took off. I made it across two major city roads without any problems. I was making my way over to a house, where I had bought a minibike a few weeks ago, to check on a Super Bronc frame for Big Jim. I was almost there (about 2 city blocks and about 2 miles from home) when I crossed my last main road and who was coming down the hill? A city police car!!:censure:

I turned right on the first side street and proceeded to speed up:scooter:. I looked to my right and saw him going in reverse on the main road:eek:hmy:. I thought for a minute I could out run him and then thought if I tried and got caught, I really would be in trouble. So I slowed down took a right on the next street expecting to see his car at the next intersection. I stopped and looked around, but nothing, no cop. That was my chance to make a break for it, and I did. I'm sure he was cruising around that neighborhood looking for me, but I didn't want to hang around and find out. I took every side street I could to make it back to my garage. I kept checking behind me.....nothing....whew:doah:.

Needless to say, I put the bike away and went inside and had a few beers.

Big Jim....I'll have to check on that frame tomorrow, sorry!

It is my duty as a citizen to now report you to the proper authorities...I will forward them your address along with a printed copy of this admission of guilt.:devil2:...just kidding:001_tt2:

jeep4me

:laugh: I got pulled over on a Gokart by a CO like two weeks ago and never even mentioned it.. :lol: You are all good.. :lol:
I've ridden by cop cars that were parked on local side streets and never had any issues. But this guy, I think, was coming after me. Maybe he just liked how my bike looked and wanted to check it out:laugh:

Big Jim

I had my first close call with the police tonite. I decided to take the big bike (El Burro) out for a spin. And, seeing that it was such a nice nite, I thought I would go for an extra long spin. I filled up the gas tank and took off. I made it across two major city roads without any problems. I was making my way over to a house, where I had bought a minibike a few weeks ago, to check on a Super Bronc frame for Big Jim. I was almost there (about 2 city blocks and about 2 miles from home) when I crossed my last main road and who was coming down the hill? A city police car!!:censure:

Big Jim....I'll have to check on that frame tomorrow, sorry!
Dammit Get in your CAR next time!!! Don't get a ticket over me!!

I had a close call the other day on my kart. I went 2 blocks away from my house and turned around. Before i turned around, i seen headlights ahead of me. So when i did turn around, I floored it down the block. Then when i got to a stop sign, i found out the headlights were a cops. :doah: Luckily, He just told me to put it away. :rolleyes: You guys with your mufflers do have an advantage though, I couldent run from a cop if i tried, He would hear me a mile away. :laugh:

(In my best Jimmy Cagney voice)

You'll never take me alive cop'er!!!!

:scooter::2guns:

when I was 15 (1975) I had a girlfriend who lived a couple miles away...I would ride her home on the back of my mini-bike ...if I saw a car coming that looked like a cop I would hop off and make believe I was pushing it until the coast was clear......man I miss the old days. :girl: :scooter:

Last edited: