Coleman 2.40 complete

Lol! Hong Kong! I saw these carbs on a German moped part site. www.mopedparts.de. I never said they were old, or German made, but the site is German. Lol Doesn't surprise me.

Bing is still around, sort of, but I suspect they've gone the China route on production. Hard to say for sure if these are Bing sanctioned products or just blatant reverse engineering clones. Bing logo is cast into the primer cap. They look like decent quality from the close up shots on the German site, but maybe not. Look at that site under the Hercules - Sachs > Kraftstoff > Bing typ 1 SSB section. Check how the air filter inserts and wire clips are modern yellow chromate finish. Fakes or not, you can spot them a mile away.

yeah I saw that yesterday and couldn't believe it... You have to be trolling Ebay 24/7 and hitting refresh constantly to get those kinds of deals. Even then they might beat you to it. I TRULY believe there's some people on the inner-circle that can see listed auctions before they post to the public. They then cherry-pick and snatch the good stuff. I sure wish I was one of them... When I post auctions, it can sometimes take 6-9 HOURS before they go live!
I've gotta disagree. I believe it's just timing, years ago I logged onto ebay and did my regular minibike search, and the first thing that popped up was a Saxonette recoil with a BIN for $50. It was just listed and I was the second or third view, so I snapped it up as I was looking for one for my Coleman.

On the other hand, a buddy of mine has an app on his phone that sends him an email as soon as certain things are listed on ebay and CL, so he doesn't have to spend 24/7 on the internet. I think that's how Derek gets all of the Cat deals here:rolleyes:

Well looks like no interest on this so I will be parting this out. Parts list coming tomorrow.:devil2::anon.sml: and moving over to the parts section

capguncowboy

On the other hand, a buddy of mine has an app on his phone that sends him an email as soon as certain things are listed on ebay and CL, so he doesn't have to spend 24/7 on the internet. I think that's how Derek gets all of the Cat deals here:rolleyes:

I use the Ebay app for that. You just set your Ebay feed to search for certain things. You'll get an alert on the app on your phone if something comes up. I've got a few set for some parts that I can't seem to locate no matter how hard I try.

MikeBear

Well looks like no interest on this so I will be parting this out. Parts list coming tomorrow.:devil2::anon.sml: and moving over to the parts section
You give up too easy. It took me a month to sell my Fox Sundowner via Craigslist. Once I found the right guy, it was picked up and paid in full.

Even my Ebay sales dropped way off during the last month, because people are enjoying the summer. They are still buying, just not as fast.

Yeah, I hate to see complete bikes dismantled, but I suppose you have to do what you have to do. Too bad the recoil looks like it has a small hole drilled in the side. Why would someone do that? Might affect price a bit. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Yeah. Honestly didn't even notice the hole. Dont worry I'm gonna list it for more than reasonable price. Gonna include the pipe and throttle and controls for even cheaper than anywhere. Figured it would make a good engine for an arctic cat restore. After work tonight I'll make a price list.:001_tt2:

wow that's a good deal for the hole bike.
surprised nobody snatched it up.
im definitely interested in the complete motor.
im restoring a couple of these with the sachs let me know what your going to want for it.
thanks
Garth