Coleman CT100U on sale for $299

Yeah they seem to be picking up sales..it's just a tiny bit smaller then a db30...hopping up that 3 hp a bit might be cool...they look nice :thumbsup ..being open style frame still may accept a bigger engine which would be a monster

Mine was delivered, today. I expected it to be small, but it's tiny; a good bit smaller than I thought it would be. I ordered it online without seeing one in person (Duh!). I had thought I would swap in a 6.5 Predator and TAV, but the bike is so small, I don't think I'll bother trying. I'll probably just leave it as is and buy something larger; I've been thinking about buying a Monster Moto MM-B212 when it becomes available and fabricating rear suspension for it. I also like the TrailMaster MB200-2 (AKA: Monster Dog II), which has full suspension, but want the MM's brakes. The little Coleman does look great; maybe it would look good parked on a coffee table!

Do you know what the wheel base is on this 100? The CT200 is 42" and my Bonanza is 40". Both are easy for me to ride, 5'10" and 180 lbs.

Mine was delivered, today. I expected it to be small, but it's tiny; a good bit smaller than I thought it would be. I ordered it online without seeing one in person (Duh!). I had thought I would swap in a 6.5 Predator and TAV, but the bike is so small, I don't think I'll bother trying. I'll probably just leave it as is and buy something larger; I've been thinking about buying a Monster Moto MM-B212 when it becomes available and fabricating rear suspension for it. I also like the TrailMaster MB200-2 (AKA: Monster Dog II), which has full suspension, but want the MM's brakes. The little Coleman does look great; maybe it would look good parked on a coffee table!
Yeah..they keep moving the expected date for mb200-2 up..:confused: ..the price is nice on that site......the mm-b212 is nice but pricey..starts at like $900 so all that you see on that MM site full optioned i think..ct100 is almost a mini mini.sorta a larger tom thumb..but the ct100 may accept a spare gx200 clone and hydro brakes ..you wont need a tav....move seat back some..:smile:..maybe wheelie bars clamped on with ubolts..hehe

Last edited:
Do you know what the wheel base is on this 100? The CT200 is 42" and my Bonanza is 40". Both are easy for me to ride, 5'10" and 180 lbs.
I'm exactly your height and weight..hehe..helps on minis..:smile:..that site i posted on events your area changed something..but you do got mini drags member supernate goes to in your area..i don't facebook so don't think i will make fb account to see drag vids..don't know why they dont post vids on ytube:confused:

Last edited:
Raskin,

According to their website, gokartsusa.com has the TrailMaster in stock; $899 w/ free shipping. Familygokarts.com has it listed for preorder at $749.98 w/ free shipping. I've considered preordering one, but I'd rather have the Monster Moto. I like that the MM has real brakes. As a retired welder, I'd rather fabricate rear suspension on the MM than attempt to upgrade the brakes on the TM. The MM's frame looks more stout, also. When you consider that a 49cc Yamaha Zuma scooter is $2,599 and a 49cc Honda Ruckus is $2,699, $900 for one of these big bikes doesn't seem too bad.

On the CT100U, the seat is already at the back of the frame. I could fabricate something to move the seat back, but then I'd be doing wheelies sitting still. I could stretch the frame, if I wanted to. I think I'll just leave it as is; ride it occasionally for S&G; get something larger. I've thought about buying an American Flyer 215 frame and doing a full suspension mod on it, but I have too many things I need to do, for now. I think I will buy the MM-B212. I hope Walmart will carry it. If so, I'll price check it every day; they have the MM-B80 on sale, occasionally.

Raskin,

According to their website, gokartsusa.com has the TrailMaster in stock; $899 w/ free shipping. Familygokarts.com has it listed for preorder at $749.98 w/ free shipping. I've considered preordering one, but I'd rather have the Monster Moto. I like that the MM has real brakes. As a retired welder, I'd rather fabricate rear suspension on the MM than attempt to upgrade the brakes on the TM. The MM's frame looks more stout, also. When you consider that a 49cc Yamaha Zuma scooter is $2,599 and a 49cc Honda Ruckus is $2,699, $900 for one of these big bikes doesn't seem too bad.

On the CT100U, the seat is already at the back of the frame. I could fabricate something to move the seat back, but then I'd be doing wheelies sitting still. I could stretch the frame, if I wanted to. I think I'll just leave it as is; ride it occasionally for S&G; get something larger. I've thought about buying an American Flyer 215 frame and doing a full suspension mod on it, but I have too many things I need to do, for now. I think I will buy the MM-B212. I hope Walmart will carry it. If so, I'll price check it every day; they have the MM-B80 on sale, occasionally.
Ok..hey..if you weld you can solve many problems..:thumbsup: ill look again those sites..I was looking at gokart masters site..i. May just move my gx200 clone to my db30 I'm putting pocket bike shocks on the forks and put pred 212 hemi i got on the Ct200u..i ride street and the mb200 seat i put on it is comfortable.maybe next year buy mb200-2

Last edited:
Ok..hey..if you weld you can solve many problems..:thumbsup: ill look again those sites..I was looking at gokart masters site..i. May just move my gx200 clone to my db30 I'm putting pocket bike shocks on the forks and put pred 212 hemi i got on the Ct200u..i ride street and the mb200 seat i put on it is comfortable.maybe next year buy mb200-2
Before seeing how small the CT100U is, I was planning to do front (telescopic fork) and rear (swingarm w/ piggyback reservoir shocks) suspension on it, but everything would be too large for it. I figured out a way to convert forks, but it requires a little bit of welding. Cut the tubes off of the pseudo triple clamps (plates) and weld carbon steel clamping collars to the plates; I had planned to use 8 clamping collars (2 per plate per side), but 4 would probably do. The tubes would slide through the clamping collars. Obviously, everything would need to be aligned properly, but it wouldn't be difficult; just bolt the wheel into the fork lowers, slide the collars over the fork tubes, position the collars and tack them to the plates; once sure everything is right (fork not binding), weld the collars to the plates. Drill the top plate for installing handlebar risers/mounts. Paint the plates. Bolt bar risers to top plate, install plates, slide fork tubes through clamps and tighten the clamps. Probably easier to do than to explain. The forks would look pretty much like typical motorcycle forks with the tubes clamped top and bottom. I would not do what someone on here did; I'll leave it at that so as to not upset anyone. I'll try to include links for clamps; if it doesn't work, just copy and paste (or search "clamping collar"). Obviously, the clamping collars would need to match the tube diameter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CH3DUFE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1JFFMF6BJ7BL9

Climax 1 in. Bore Black Oxide Coated Mild Steel Clamp Collar-1C-100 - The Home Depot

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/baja-mini-bikes/140248-db-30-a.html this was another members idea.. is what i am going to do to my db30 and or mm mb80 i got..i don't weld ..these are pocket bike shock tubes off ebay,they have pretty good damping,enough for a db30...i just bought a set for $26 and change ..i paid $49 for my first pair..they slip perfectly over cut db30 fork tubes and 1" bike seat clamps hold them on..fine for dirt roads and street..a simple solution Front Shock Absorber for QG-50 49cc 2-Stroke Mini Pit Bike | eBay ..of course guess you could weld em on

Last edited:

Koich

Hi. Thanks for the info. Is the ct100u frame physically not able to house the Predator 6.5hp motor or did you not do this because it seemed too crazy?

Koich

You might..i say might put one with a remote gas tank..hang on!!.:laugh:
Thanks! I figured you probably have to change the intake, exhaust and tank to fit, but I'm guessing it will fit.
Thinking of selling off my Doodlebug clone bike and buying a CT100U and swapping in my spare Predator 6.5.

I haven't bought a Predator to check the fit. It would be your second guess; when I saw how small the bike is, I thought a 6.5 and a TAV might be too much. If I were going to attempt it, which I may, someday, I would first stretch the bike, either by lengthening the frame, or by moving the rear wheel further rearward with a swing arm suspension or extended axle mounting plates. The CT100U has a very short wheelbase; I'd lengthen it 6", or more, before giving it that much power. I'm going to give it more thought while doing some other mods; have parts for front suspension on the way; contemplating rear suspension design.

This OldMiniBikes member installed a TAV on the 3 HP engine; check it out; pictures will give you a good idea of the size; notice how large the TAV looks.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/141989-tc-coleman-ct100.html