Coleman CT100U

Just ordered a Coleman CT100U from Amazon for $383. I enjoy my CT200U and thought this might just be the ticket for my grand kids.
The CT100U has a 3 HP engine.
Anyone have any experience with the CT100U?
Thanks

i just looked at it..looks nice..they kept the outboard rear axel mounts.. looks like a mini ct200u .. 3 HP is nice..disc brake..I like it..

Last edited:
Raskin,
The 200 fits me just fine but is a little big and heavy for the grand kids. I am hoping the 100 is a mini version of the 200 and will fit the grand kids better.
I ordered the machine but I don't have a delivery date yet.

My 2 oldest grand kids came over and we put the ct100u together. It was about the right amount of work for these 2 guys (11 and 9 years old). Installed the front fork, front fender and front wheel. I had to adjust the disc brake.
The mini bike fits them much better than the bigger ct200u. The boys were able to ride the bike briefly. Hope to give the bike a good work out when the weather warms up.
I will post pictures later of the ct200u and ct100u side by side.

olddog

Was reading about this bike...they say good for up to 150lbs, typically, is this more the engine limit than anything else?

Was reading about this bike...they say good for up to 150lbs, typically, is this more the engine limit than anything else?
It is pretty small compared to the 200u. I am going to ride it in next couple of days and see how it compares to the Azusa with HF 2.5 hp engine.
My grand sons are just learning to ride so they have not really opened up the ct100u yet.
I hope to post pics tomorrow.

Awesome! I had to look up the 100U but it looks like the Baja Doodlebug frame. I bet those boys had a perma-grin goin on.
The boys grin came from successfully assembling the bike and then having it run. They did a great job.
Last year I bought an Azusa kit. The kit was beyond their ability. I wound up doing most of the work. So this bike was great for them since it was almost completely assembled. Plus they were able to see instant results so kept their attention.

IMGP2542.JPG IMGP2543.JPG IMGP2544.JPG
Here are the Coleman CT200U and Coleman CT100U side by side.
The 200 fits adults. The 100 fits my grand kids who are all less the 12 yrs old.
I gave the 100 a test ride and I think down hill it was going maybe 20mph.

looks to be about the size of a db30.. great for him .... teach some maintenance to keep it running good.. I use to say to kids..i need your help and let them do some stuff....I feign illness..my back... hands stiff.. I'm not feeling well..it works on wifey too :laugh:

If anybody is thinking about getting a CT200 the local Walmart has 5 of them sitting out front with a $299.00 sign above them.... Might be worth checking yours.

If anybody is thinking about getting a CT200 the local Walmart has 5 of them sitting out front with a $299.00 sign above them.... Might be worth checking yours.
Wow! Great price. I have only seen one at my local store (Colorado Springs) and it was $399. I paid $520 and $499 for my CT200U. I paid $383 for my Ct100U.

I saw these yesterday, 12/16. Even sat on one. I couldn't believe the price myself as I had just seen one the week before on sale for $399.00 at Tractor Supply.

They feel a lot like a Baja Warrior to me. Which is what I guess they really are. Especially after seeing the CT100 pics looking so much like a Doodlebug.....

Last edited:
dang..for $299 i'd buy another ct200u..really just a large db30..I like the 8" rims and drum brakes,stops great..lol..like I need a forth bike..right!! down with the sickness:punk:

Does anyone know the stock tire size on the CT200U?
I'm curious to find what options there are out there for it..
Thanks!
I putting on 2 ply turf tires 18"x6.50-8 which real dia measures around 17.25"...I ride mostly pavement so the knobby tires don't last..they have wider ones..the 16" turfs available read 15.25" really too small I would think ..the ct200u stock tire 19"x7.00-8 which is close to real 19"...you can get 4 ply,but 4 ply ride rough..I will probably cut my fenders down some to look right..they have bigger tires for 8" rim too if you want, but 19" really spongy enough to me... don't know if they have 18" knobby..don't think offered

Last edited: