Coleman CT200U popularity just went way up?

I've been playing with pulling my ice shanty with my CT200U. So I go to YouTube to see if anyone else is doing it. I did a search for CT200U in the last 30 days. I get back 178 videos. Holy crap! I'm thinking Coleman & Walmart sold a ton of these over the last Christmas season. The videos for the most part are horrible, they are all like "Here's my new awesome CT200U" with a 12 year old doing the video. I am glad to see them getting more popular. They are a decent generic bike. When I got mine the wife was not impressed. Then I started it up. She came running out of the house yelling "It's a gas? It's a gas?" She's from Philippines, and thought I had blown $500 on an electric POS..:) Now she loves it. My 9 & 10 year olds still think it's a death trap daddy bought to kill them.

- Joe

Last edited:
Greetings....Walmart did Coleman right in getting popularity up with the new lower price they did in some areas..during holidays....i like mine too..glad you enjoying it

Last edited:
Yep I was ready to go try one with cash in hand but walmart was only offering them in limited markets. I didn't feel like driving 5+ hours one way to go pick one up

I agree. This thing is really starting to pick up in popularity. I've had mine for 2 weeks and have been impressed by the torque and power the motor produces.

Its a perfect combination of mini/trail bike that suits adults better than most mini's because of its size.Really a fun bike.

In the age of Chinese Knock-Off items, the Coleman CT200 seems to be a pretty solid unit, perhaps the Coleman company required better quality. I picked up one during the Christmas sale season, rode fine and performed as expected. But, having owned Rokon Trailbreakers, an old original TOTE-GOTE, I couldn't just leave it alone. Adapted it for a torque-a-verter drive unit, mud guards, quick remove carry boxes, throttle spring, and other little things. Am quite pleased with the outcome, but am thinking of a 70 tooth rear sprocket, the cycle racing days are over, just want to buzz the hills and trails.

Davis

In the age of Chinese Knock-Off items, the Coleman CT200 seems to be a pretty solid unit, perhaps the Coleman company required better quality. I picked up one during the Christmas sale season, rode fine and performed as expected. But, having owned Rokon Trailbreakers, an old original TOTE-GOTE, I couldn't just leave it alone. Adapted it for a torque-a-verter drive unit, mud guards, quick remove carry boxes, throttle spring, and other little things. Am quite pleased with the outcome, but am thinking of a 70 tooth rear sprocket, the cycle racing days are over, just want to buzz the hills and trails.
Love the upper case on the tote gote in your reply that was great and as far as these bikes go I'd love to see them hold up to a beating and survive like the real vintage bikes have in fifty years. They are just a now and play chinese bike!

I saw one of the last episodes of "Alaskan Bush People", where the boys found a CT200 at the dump and ended up using it to power a saw mill. It just seems strange that someone in AK would throw out a working bike just because it had a rip in the seat. The boys gave it 5 pulls and it started right up. It was most probably a "plant" just for that episode.

I saw one of the last episodes of "Alaskan Bush People", where the boys found a CT200 at the dump and ended up using it to power a saw mill. It just seems strange that someone in AK would throw out a working bike just because it had a rip in the seat. The boys gave it 5 pulls and it started right up. It was most probably a "plant" just for that episode.
Product placement.:innocent:

Yep and the show is a joke if you pay attention...... To many non necessary items. Jewelry, multiple guns, money to go on a drinking binge...

Like all the other "reality shows".....
What kills me is they not make a cart with big wheels ..at least wooden one..they freaking carry everthing.:shrug:.thats for show

olddog

The quality of the Coleman is very good, aside from the sloppy looking welds, but they hold together (for my fat behind anyway).