coleman ct200u torque converter install

houg

i bought my son a coleman ct200u for xmas and at the same time i ordered a torque converter from ebay well when i went to go and install the TC i found that the hisun engine on the coleman had a 5/8 crankshaft and the TC was a 3/4 shaft and then i found out that no one makes a TC for 5/8 shaft i thought of using a 5/8 to 3/4 adapter sleeve but then the crank key would not sit in the crank all the way, so now what do i do, so i ended up going to harbor freight and buying a new hemi predator for $101.00 out the door and yes i took the brand new engine off my new minibike and installed another new engine on it just so i could install the TC:eek::eek: with out the TC the bike did 19mph with the TC and me on it 240lbs it did 41 mph, and can anyone spot what different on my predator engine???????? and no its not the pipe, and i also welded the frame piece back on and retained the chain guard

minib1.JPG

minib2.JPG

minib3.JPG

Last edited:
Did you have to elevate the engine so that the TC would clear the frame? If so (suspected), by how much and what did you use to do it?
Michael

houg

I used 1 in square stock with a couple 3/8 washers welded to each mounting hole to make it 1 1/4 in high. No one can spot the difference in my predator???? Look real close

No the hisun 6 1/2 hp that came on the Coleman is 5/8 I was surprised
I heard of some other people ran into the same thing when they bought there colman