Coming soon, DRONES over america (and we pay for them)

Congress green lights domestic deployment of surveillance drones- 30,000 could haunt skies by 2020

Posted on February 8, 2012

February 8, 2012 – WASHINGTON – Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it’s an unmanned drone! Congress today approved a bill that allows unmanned aircraft to fly in the same airspace as commercial airliners, private planes, and cargo jets. The legislation allocates $63.4 billion over the next three and a half years to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), $11 billion of which will be used to update air traffic control systems at 35 U.S. airports to handle the remote-controlled aircrafts. The deadline for the systems update is June 2015. The change to flight regulations will allow military, commercial, and private drones to fly over U.S. territory. Currently, drones are only allowed over certain military airspace, along U.S. borders for surveillance purposes, and to about 300 public agencies, according to the Associated Press. The FAA must submit its plan for how to safely allow wide-spread drone flight within nine months of the bill’s passage. According to the Washington Post, the agency projects 30,000 could be roaming U.S. airways by 2020. In addition to the bit about drones — which we find both awesome and horrifying — the FAA will also update to a more precise GPS system, known as Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast, or ADS-B. Once ADS-B is in place, aircraft fitted with the new tech will have their locations updated every second, as opposed to the six to 12 second intervals allowed by the current system. This will allow planes to come into runways at a steeper decent, fly closer together, and land and take off more quickly. The addition of ADS-B is part of a massive FAA endeavor known as NextGen. According to the FAA, the roll out of NexGen will allow for fewer delays, fewer accidents, a lower environmental impact, and stronger national security, among a slew of other benefits. –Yahoo News
I cant wait to have one of these babies follow me around for doing nothing.

buckeye

So we are paying to be survailed. Did it say billions for upgrades to the air traffic control system.
What do you think this is going to be used for? Safety?

I cant wait to have one of these babies follow me around for doing nothing.
Just because you're doing nothing wrong, doesn't mean someone else isn't.

But the real problem is the story you posted. And what was not there is what concerns me. Who wrote that? Was it a reputable source, or some nutjob? The problem with getting "news" from the internet, is that anyone can say anything they want, and claim it as fact. It's easy to sling crap when you have the internet to hide behind.

But the real problem is the story you posted. And what was not there is what concerns me. Who wrote that? Was it a reputable source, or some nutjob? The problem with getting "news" from the internet, is that anyone can say anything they want, and claim it as fact. It's easy to sling crap when you have the internet to hide behind.
Look for whats there NOT what you want to see, at the end of the Quote it clearly states -YAHOO NEWS granted thats not the best NEWS source but then again what is anymore.

Hate to say it but you sound like "one of them"!
Congress OKs FAA bill allowing drones in U.S., GPS air traffic control - chicagotribune.com
FAA Bill Speeds Path for More U.S. Drone Flights - WSJ.com
FAA told to make room for drones in U.S. skies ? USATODAY.com
Congress Welcomes The Drones - Forbes
The list goes on and on NOW GO AWAY KID YOU BOTHER ME.

I don't care what the source is.

I am a paranoid person to bgine with living up in peaceful Canada where the govermernt reads your emails and leagaly spies on you if you are a person of interest.

Robot spy planes well thats just an easy and cheap way to do more in real time....

We live in a world of messed up priorities.
Lets face it why make peoples lives better and spend money wisely when we can scare the crap out of them and erode their cival rights with the same dollars.

Govermernts and buisness these days are keenly interested in you do and think.
There's a reason for it, it lends a measure of control and comfort that they are not being challenged by us pee-ons...

Nothing could be further from the trueth however.
The same computer technology they use monitor and control, the masses more likely they face a digital insurgency.
Marx's revenge gone digital.....

TomH

I know a guy that makes big money contracting with companies to listen to employees private phone conversations while they are at work. He learned how to do it when he was in the Army. Wonder why we had to switch to digital TV all over the US that doesn't work worth a crap? Whats next...I guess unmanned crap flying around looking in our windows. hell, they are doing it now over in the middle east. Guess it will be cheaper than the satellites they have doing it right now.

I think the people with the most to loose if we start demanding better with reguards to just about everything these days from G20 protest, occupy, labour unrest, Tea party, ect ect are shitting in their pants.

What if all these disconnected gropups of pissed off people start to organize and unite?

Thats why things are so devisive these days. Pit one group against another devide and smoother under the constant drone of every thing is ok and piles and piles of useless BS info from all sources.

But we need to be watched and recorded....

Now and then thing showever go wrong.
I like hackers for example.
Anonymous hackers leak Syria's Bashar al Assad's astonishing office emails discussing Barbara Walters - Telegraph
http://www.itworld.com/security/202439/leaked-fbi-document-calls-anonymous-national-security-threat

Oldsalt

Didn't you notice the line:"According to the WASHINGTON POST"...there will be 30,000 by 2020!!!!!!!!!!!! Good God Almighty, why didn't it say "According to Micky Mouse...!" That is just plane stupid to say [pun intended]. By memory we were able to build, during the Second World War, something like 5 or 6 thousand B-17s. Simplistic, small, easy to build with everyday materials and readily available tooling [in comparison to manufacturing a modern military aircraft] and that was all that could be produced under Wartime Emergency Conditions!! So, we are at least a month into 2012 and 2020 is less than 8 years away. In eight years there are 2920 days. 30,000 divided by 2920 days results in the necessity of building 10 and 1/4 planes PER DAY. Loony Tunes!!! So we would need to produce a plane every 2 hours and 20 minutes. And that is if we started tomorrow getting out the first batch. Wake up boys and girls...this just some more BS. Anyone that takes to heart ANYTHING in that "news" release has to have...well, how do I put this....Ahhh, heck with it I'll leave that alone.

Last edited:
Didn't you notice the line:"According to the WASHINGTON POST"...there will be 30,000 by 2020!!!!!!!!!!!! Good God Almighty, why didn't it say "According to Micky Mouse...!" That is just plane stupid to say [pun intended]. By memory we were able to build, during the Second World War, something like 5 or 6 thousand B-17s. Simplistic, small, easy to build with everyday materials and readily available tooling [in comparison to manufacturing a modern military aircraft] and that was all that could be produced under Wartime Emergency Conditions!! So, we are at least a month into 2012 and 2020 is less than 8 years away. In eight years there are 2920 days. 30,000 divided by 2920 days results in the necessity of building 10 and 1/4 planes PER DAY. Loony Tunes!!! So we would need to produce a plane every 2 hours and 20 minutes. And that is if we started tomorrow getting out the first batch. Wake up boys and girls...this just some more BS. Anyone that takes to heart ANYTHING in that "news" release has to have...well, how do I put this....Ahhh, heck with it I'll leave that alone.
one thing to keep in mind tho , these drones are small . like over sized nitro rc toy planes . so it would not be to hard to mass kick them out . given a few assembly lines building parts they could pull it off .

I am more interested in feeding hungry kids so they can get a good education and learn to talk to our neighbors instead of pissing them off. How many children could have a good meal for the price of one drone?

Peace
Frank

Hmmmm... time to work the bugs outa the ole AA gun, huh? Anybody?
:weld:

Ya know, sometime(lotsatimes) I hate technology...
Ohwell...

Oldsalt

Hmmmm... time to work the bugs outa the ole AA gun, huh? Anybody?
:weld:

Ya know, sometime(lotsatimes) I hate technology...
Ohwell...
Sounds like to me you did the "mind jump". You REALLY believe that we are to be spied on by unmaned drones!!! THINK ABOUT IT. If the government was going to spy on us commonplace honest toilers they would NOT use drones. There would be a hundred better ways. God I hope you arn't also one of them folks that believe that the 'contrails' made by jet aircraft are really mind numbing drugs being sprayed on the population. I have an acquaintance that believes that and he is not really all that well.

Oldsalt

one thing to keep in mind tho , these drones are small . like over sized nitro rc toy planes . so it would not be to hard to mass kick them out . given a few assembly lines building parts they could pull it off .
Another thing that might also be kept in mind is that there has to be an 'operator' on the ground for every one of them pilotless aircraft. And the communication gear and the recording gear and the service/ground support and a whale of a lot of other things.

Small, the size of even super size RC? Come on! They would have no durability because they couldn't carry enough fuel to do any real work without ridiculous interruptions.

The notion that something evil is afoot requires the following chain of thought: 1. Drones. 2. 30,000 of them. 3. All built and provided with infrastructure by 2020. 4. They are designed to look in our bedroom windows. 5. The government wants to look in our bedroom windows.

I know you don't believe that, but I don't even believe that is possible to build 30,000 military aircraft by 2020, Again that requires requires that 2 and 1/4 per HOUR roll of the assembly lines. That still depends on the first days production happening TODAY. If they were very small, say having a 20 foot wingspan [and that is really small] and 30,000 of them is put wing tip to wing tip it would would stretch for 600,000 feet. As there is 5280 feet per mile the touching aircraft would be 114 miles long! About from Madera to Bakersfield CA where a person should be living if he believes that is going to happen.

Another thing that might also be kept in mind is that there has to be an 'operator' on the ground for every one of them pilotless aircraft. And the communication gear and the recording gear and the service/ground support and a whale of a lot of other things.

Small, the size of even super size RC? Come on! They would have no durability because they couldn't carry enough fuel to do any real work without ridiculous interruptions.

The notion that something evil is afoot requires the following chain of thought: 1. Drones. 2. 30,000 of them. 3. All built and provided with infrastructure by 2020. 4. They are designed to look in our bedroom windows. 5. The government wants to look in our bedroom windows.

I know you don't believe that, but I don't even believe that is possible to build 30,000 military aircraft by 2020, Again that requires requires that 2 and 1/4 per HOUR roll of the assembly lines. That still depends on the first days production happening TODAY. If they were very small, say having a 20 foot wingspan [and that is really small] and 30,000 of them is put wing tip to wing tip it would would stretch for 600,000 feet. As there is 5280 feet per mile the touching aircraft would be 114 miles long! About from Madera to Bakersfield CA where a person should be living if he believes that is going to happen.
some of them dont have an 'operator' they run a pre programed flight plan all computer controlled . so that would cut down on some of the people needed to run the system .

on the size there is some in Iraq that are tiny little things fly for hours and can be stashed in the back of a pickup truck .
as for fuel there is some really cool new fuel supply stuff out there . not cheap at all but with gov money its nothing . is it a great way to do it i dont know but it is possible .

2 and 1/4 per HOUR roll of the assembly lines . it does seem like that would be impossible to pull off but im looking at it like this in 1978 general motors stomped out 30,507 buick sport coupes plus 607,000 plus limited regals . now i do realize big difference between my old bolt bucket and a spy drone . but in the same aspect not really its all in parts and bolts . if you can get the parts and the lines setup you could build alot of any thing you want real fast .
i know that there is gov contracts to non military supplyers for all kinds of crap . like one electronic company i lived less them a mile from a few years ago , had some boards and chips all gov contract crap part of some special rig . any one could buy one but be damed if you export one . and all hidden in open view .

is it possible :shrug: maybe maybe not but if ya have the cash and tooling just about anything can be done its just how bad do you want it .