Contracting out 6.5 upgrade job...?

Iv'e been on here before mentioning the importance or need for bolt on db parts. These being the bolt-ons or upgrades catering to the mechanically impared like myself. Wondering what you tinkerers would charge someone with 6.5 clone in hand to throw one on a doodle? And part two of my question, what do people do with all the 2.5 engines that are shelved?

Jason

i would charge by the hour so it really wouldnt be much as long as you have the engine mount kit.

shit i might do it for free if you were to let me brake it in properly ! lmao:scooter:

:thumbsup:

Motra

cjtmini does offer a bolt on engine kit, it doesn't get much easier than that. There probably isn't enough demand for somebody to really try to market Doodle Bug accessories. As for the little engines, they either get sold or, as you said, shelved. Mine got shelved.

6.5 bolt on kit

I just got my 6.5 put on tonight. I can't wait to fire it up and ride around. It took me a few hours to do with my 6 year old son. The hardest part was shortening the chain. I just couldn't get the link out.
I would recomend getting the kits if they are still available. Very good instructions and easy to follow.:scooter:

get the kit and go for it. it's not that difficult to do and there are plenty of people on here that can help you if you have problems. you won't learn unless you do it yourself.

when it comes to the chain, get a chain tool. bmikarts.com sells a nice one (get the one for #35 chain) and it's worth it. it makes taking out links or installing more simple. i just have to laugh at people that insist on using a grinder to work on their chains.

CHains are easy with the chain breaker tool. Been waiting on a kit, decided to do it myself. Worked out just fine! The kit certainly would have made the project quicker.

Strigoi, whats up w/ the Cherokee? Is that your MAD MAX grocery-getter?
my old roommates and i bought that years ago for $100 from my friend's ex-girlfriend's little brother. it looked pretty much the same except it was blue, had a hammered interior (which we took out) and windows. we beat on it a bunch and had some fun one night hitting it with a jack handle. i bent the jack handle after hitting it a bunch at 3am while hammered. i ended up putting on CL for free and sold it for $1 and a 12 pack of Corona (parents actually emailed me asking if it was a good first car for their kid) to some guy that wanted to just beat the hell out of it. we also cut the exhaust off before the cat and stuck a Thunderheader for a Harley on it.

i also had to get a tetanus shot because of that damn thing. i was bouncing on the roof trying to dent it and caught my arm on a 1/2" long rusty hook in the ceiling. i didn't even know i hurt myself until my roommate told me i was bleeding all over (shit don't hurt when you're drunk). it took a nice chunk out of the back of my arm. the people at the hospital had fun laughing at my expense when i told them why i was in for a tetanus shot. there was still dried flesh hanging off the hook when we moved out of that shit hole. :laugh:

Awesome. I had a little incident cutting the center bearing off of a chevy truck driveshaft with a disk cutter, and went and got a tetanus shot the next day.

2 1/2 years later, a razor blade, tweezers, and a magnet, I got that big ol chunk of steel outta my hand finally. ;)

I actually look on craigslist just about every day for a cheap car to destroy. ;) Haven't found one cheap enough yet, but whats been there are cheaper than the minibikes!

BTW, did you grow up in Concord? I grew up in Walnut Creek, went to Northgate.

Later,
burndup

A

BTW, did you grow up in Concord? I grew up in Walnut Creek, went to Northgate.
i grew up in the Burton Valley area of Lafayette. now i'm in Concord right by Treat/Clayton. i hate it here and can't wait to move to something nicer. i'm moving back in with my old roommates (buddy from work and his g/f) and we can afford something really nice.

we're looking for stuff like this. the only problem is convincing them to let 3 people move in instead of a family (kids would do more damage than us) 2.5ba Wonderful Single Family w/ Upgrades on Private Court, with Yard!

there are all kinds of houses like that around here in our price range.

the garage. i've got my Durango that sits outside 24/7 so i'm not worried about it (it's not worth shit now) . his g/f has a new Beetle that is outside all the time as well. he's got a '07 Harley FLHX and it stays in the garage. we had a 2 car garage before and there was plenty of space. we had my Durango, 5 Harleys, my mini bike and my YZ490 in there before. if you wanted to work on a bike, you had to move a bunch out but it wasn't that bad. there was also a motorcycle lift in there as well (always had a bike on it).

Your hood wasn't nearly as nice 15 or so years ago when I moved to So Cal. ;)

There's no way I could move back up there unless I won the lottery, Bay Area is too pricey. And wow, looking at the map, they've been building like mad in Martinez. I think your prospective new place used to be a tank farm!

Hang on for as long as you can, the economy is gonna bring down the rent prices, as well as get the landlords to stop being so damn picky.

apartments are damn pricey here. i'm paying $925 a month for a shitty 1bd/1ba that is around 600sq.ft. it's also not in one of the best areas of Concord.

it's a bit different than the last place. we had a nice townhouse in a really nice area in Walnut Creek (surrounded by $1mil+ homes). we were the outcasts there, but our immediate neighbors really liked us.

i just want to get out of this shitty, section 8 apartment crap that i'm living at now. at least the place next to me has been empty for months (they were very loud during the day). now i just have to listen to the fat bitch above me that stomps around at all hours. she also has her tv loud enough that i can hear it when i'm out smoking. i'll open my door and stick my head inside and can barely hear mine while hers is loud and clear.

i hate this place. then there is the traffic, being 75' off Clayton Rd. sucks.

You've confirmed what I feared, that Walnut Creek is just scary yuppy now. It was starting to get bad when I was starting high school. Before that it was just mellow, nice old folks.

I advise you to get a Range Rover and give it your cherokee treatment. Be sure and ride the mini without a muffler, and LATE in the evening. ;) That'll teach those damn yuppies, they'll be so high on their anti-anxiety meds they wont be able to complain. ;)

"i'm paying $925 a month for a shitty 1bd/1ba that is around 600sq.ft. it's also not in one of the best areas of Concord. "

That is more than the morgages on the two houses I have , My rental and home , WoW

Welcome to California! I pay more than that for a smaller sized 1b/1ba, but I've got a two car garage, and a private patio about the same size as the garage, in a nice-ish part of Burbank thats zoned for horses.

Horses seem to keep the most offensive sorts of yuppies away. ;) Horse people are weird, but in a good, mellow chill kinda way!

I haven't been run out for tearing around on the db30, but we'll see once I get the 6.5 goes in. :thumbsup:

apartments are damn pricey here. i'm paying $925 a month for a shitty 1bd/1ba that is around 600sq.ft. it's also not in one of the best areas of Concord.

it's a bit different than the last place. we had a nice townhouse in a really nice area in Walnut Creek (surrounded by $1mil+ homes). we were the outcasts there, but our immediate neighbors really liked us.

i just want to get out of this shitty, section 8 apartment crap that i'm living at now. at least the place next to me has been empty for months (they were very loud during the day). now i just have to listen to the fat bitch above me that stomps around at all hours. she also has her tv loud enough that i can hear it when i'm out smoking. i'll open my door and stick my head inside and can barely hear mine while hers is loud and clear.

i hate this place. then there is the traffic, being 75' off Clayton Rd. sucks.
damn ! $925 for section 8 !!! its like half that here for a section 8. maybe a little more, but no where near that. for $925 you can get a small house out here with a decent back yard. i miss living in CA, but i dont miss the high cost of living !

i'm not section 8 but they accept it here. i was talking to one old guy that lives here that's section 8 and he's paying way less than me.