Coolest mower ever

vwfan79

So I really like anything old and unique, granted my wife thinks I'm a little crazy for some of the things I bring home. I just need to add that I'm only 33 so my interest are very strange to many. But I stopped to look at a minibike today at a guys house where I have bought stuff before (first pic) and ended up buying this crazy 0 turn mower instead (second and third pic). Got it for $60, it runs and mows great, this is my second mower from this guy the other I got for $50 and it runs and mows great (fourth pic). Just wanted to share as I am pretty pumped, had to cut the lawn with the new one today and it looks great.

vwfan79

So...is just the front wheel powered?
Yup, it is chain driven and the front wheel has sort of a locking hub. There is a tab on the front wheel you can flip to put it in neutral. There is no brake, you just left off the accelerator pedal. Its a Swisher Ride King.

That is interesting. While it could not work here due to the loose soil, It would be a blast on a flat, dense lawn.
I understand it came with an asbestos right leg calf protector.

vwfan79

Won't surprise me as the muffler is right by your right leg, I plan on routing it to the back as tight to the motor as possible. It is a blast to drive, I find myself coming with excuses to drive it, yesterday I drove it to the garden to pick watermelons, about 30-40 yards from the house.