Counting chickens a little but..

..I'm too excited not to share the news.

We have a verbal agreement with a fellow for the acquisition of a new vintage bike! Turns out we will be bringing the Trail King into the stable after all!:thumbsup: It's no longer on CL but was posted a couple weeks ago with a rolling chassis as a two bike ad. We are getting the Red, complete bike, with two seats. Pics to follow tonight.

I'm sending the seller payment in full today, we got it for a LOT less than his original $500 asking price though, so super stoked! It's apparently a runner too, though with a sluggish recoil on the pull starter.

Sadly we can't pick it up for a few days, but as soon as we do I'll update this thread.

Northwest Trail King Ads

It's just pure and simple GREED that has gripped Huckersteve the Tote Gote's are getting mighty jealous ,another red trail bike moving in . There will be a price to pay for all this unbanned GREED . Do you sware to give this stray a good home ? LOL
Steve :scooter:

If we don't, Steve Durham, may the minibike gods strike me where I stand!

Nicole and I are simply trying to assemble a unique collection of Northwest built rugged trail cycles for our mutual enjoyment and the preservation of these neat bikes for future generations. When we get old and die we will donate them to the Smithsonian. ;)

Hey, by the way- In my defense, I gave others every opportunity to buy the bike instead of me. I seem to remember posting in a thread back when it was up, showing the listing to others. GTO passed, and someone else came and bought the turd roller frame instead of the complete, running bike lol! So the seller emailed me the other day to give me one more shot at it before he re-listed the bike. Oddly enough there is yet ANOTHER Trail King on our local cl right now, for $400!

Steven, if you want it, I'll go pick it up for you! Bring it down on my next Portland visit!

:thumbsup:

I'm insanely lucky when it comes to my girl. She's amazing and is always claiming all our bikes as her own! :eek:ut:

Here's a first peek at our new little buddy..

I'm insanely lucky when it comes to my girl. She's amazing and is always claiming all our bikes as her own! :eek:ut:

Here's a first peek at our new little buddy..
Huckersteve : that gearbox looks like it would take 30 HP that thing is huge do you have a total weight for that machine ? I hope you didn't try to stuff it in the Subaru . Steve :scooter:

Have yet to pick it up Steven, it's up in Stanwood, almost two hours north. I might combine pickup with a trip to Steven's Pass or Mt. Baker for some snowboarding on my next day off.

We'll cart it off in our new pickup truck! WAY easier than wrasslin' it into the back of the poor subie! I'm actually selling the Subie on Saturday to a good buddy of mine from Bellingham. (Sniff, I'll miss you, old friend!)

That is absolutely the find of a lifetime. Congratulations on being in the proverbial right place at the right time. I look at that and I think there may be a Homer Simpson drool starting to form at the edge of my mouth. I have never seen one like it before. I am not into speed, but I am into power. That looks like it would climb a tree.

Thanks!

That is absolutely the find of a lifetime. Congratulations on being in the proverbial right place at the right time. I look at that and I think there may be a Homer Simpson drool starting to form at the edge of my mouth. I have never seen one like it before. I am not into speed, but I am into power. That looks like it would climb a tree.
Thanks Bushman, well hopefully soon I can post a short video clip of me riding it up a tree for you! ;)