couple quick pics of my 66

Those cars have such a nice profile, and yours looks like a swell example. I'm sure you'll have it on the road again in no time at all. :thumbsup:

trailramdan

thanks fellas, I sure wish I knew if that was the blue color it sure pops....for now I think I am stuck on the gray...but I got time to change my mind lol

My 67 Tempest

Nice ride, I always like the 66/67 Chevelle.

My project is a 67 Tempest, purchased it 15 or so years ago with an OHC 6cyl and a 2spd automatic. Pulled the engine, trans and rear end out. Cut off the rear frame section and installed a narrowed Morrison rear subframe with a narrowed 9 inch Ford with 4.57 gears in my buddies garage. Tubbed it in the rear and installed a rear firewall to seal off the trunk from the passenger compartment due to the fuel cell. Trailered the thing home, pulled the body off the frame and completely stripped it of every nut, bolt and wire. Completely rebuilt the suspension, switched it over to frt disc brakes and rewired it. My sons and I built a 468 BBC and installed it along with a Muncie 4spd.

Drove it like that for 2 years and decided to install twin turbo's and swap the Muncie out for a 5spd Tremec. I was in the process of fabricating the turbo down pipes when I screwed up my elbow. Decided to take a break from that project and that's when I started building the Motovox. When I get the Motovox finished I am going to get back on the Tempest and hope to have it running again this summer.

trailramdan

very cool ride! my first car was a tubbed 66 that I gave up on because I am no fabricator and the cost to finish the rear of the car was way to much. so I got this one! just needs body finished up and put it back together I have most of the parts for it new etc im ready to see it in some color. I really like your car tho pretty hard to beat the big tire look. here is my old car

It's a shame that you weren't able to finish your first Chevelle. It looks like it would have been a neat project. What type of work did it need in the rear?

I always wanted a big tire car and I looked years before I found the Tempest. I'm no bodyman and I needed to find a car in nice shape that didn't need a ton of bodywork. I enjoy the mechanical fabrication aspect of building a car but have no skill or desire to do tons of bodywork. It can be intimidating to cut a car all apart and then realize you aren't going to be able to put it all back together yourself. Good luck with your current 66.