cr80!

Dude, $450 into it with a complete rebuild is cheap as hell. If the bike was going to cost $450 when all was said & done, you are so far ahead of the game that it's not funny. What kind of dirtbike can you get for that money that hasn't had it's ass kicked by some 16yro. for all of it's life?

Crank bearings rarely if ever fail provided your bike has been tuned right and you're not riding like an ass. I used to beat my KX80 & the KX500 like they owed me money. I always ran good oil, made sure everything stayed in adjustment, and again, rode my bikes right (don't hold it WOT in 1st or 2nd gear like a moron).

Do it piece by piece, and do it right. A bike that was done correctly (to me) is worth as much as one that's all original but never been cracked open. I've bought a few hack-jobs that were literally worth the price of scrap. I currently have a complete KX125 roller that's going to get welded up for a Pred 212. By all is said & done, I'll probably have $500 into the thing, and would be lucky to get $200 for it when I'm done.

Not saying it's a high-dollar bike, but for a little more than $450 total, you have an awesome machine on the cheap. Dirtbikes are NOT cheap creatures.

Last edited:
Just split the cases, I'm gunna have to figure out how to alighn the shifting forks, I tried keeping the entire tranny tighter but the shaft the sproket goes on came out with the case

...I'm gunna have to figure out how to alighn the shifting forks, I tried keeping the entire tranny tighter but the shaft the sproket goes on came out with the case
In the same way that winding up a recoil starter spring starts getting easier after you've done it a hundred times or so, there's no substitute for practice as you line up all those gears and dogs and shift forks. It might take a few tries, but you'll get it. Do you have a service manual for this bike?

I believe I need a new head, just saw a complete bottom end or 230 Obo on eBay so I offerd 100 and he declined, I then offer 140 and he took it, so now I just need top end parts

Sent from my ww2 bunker