Craigslist find

Hello,
I just picked up these two mini bike frames on the cheap from a craigslist ad. New to vintage bikes and wonder if anyone may know anything about makes/models? The smaller bike has a torn/faded label that seems to read something-mart Engine Products Corp Brooklyn NY. Any info would be appreciated. Excited to start on a new project. Lot's of great info here on the forum to check out.

Attachments

capguncowboy

Orange frame is a Gilson/Allis Chalmers/Montgomery Ward (*all were made by Gilson).

Looks like it was a small block version (323, 424, etc) since it doesn't have the gas tank hole on it.

Here's my 525 lighted model survivor

The second bike looks it's a Bonanza BC1300 or 1400

The gilson ID tag would have been on the inside of the forks.

Bonanza would have had an ID tag on the front of the engine plate or the front of the forks

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the great responses! Some good looking bikes on here. Can't wait to dig into these two and breathe some new life into them!

Here's a Lomart ad that shows the 1400 and footpegs in the same location as yours....I think the foot peg location may have changed over the production years.

Looking at your picture again...looks like somebody mounted foot pegs to the front fender!! Maybe they were using it as a front scrub brake....people did crazy stuff.