curious on gas mileage

I guess it depends what you put it on and the gearing and the weight ect. I would say in a log splitter. 0 miles per gallon though :doah:

haha yeah i live in utah, and i want to drive backroads from my home to salt lake city, about an hour in a car, im expection 2 hours ish :laugh:

i dont have any gauges on my bike... but i would ride hard for at least a few hours and still come back with 1/3 tank. baja warrior comet 30. the HM100 swap will probably burn much more fuel :laugh:

hoppy

an easy piece of mind would be to strap a small can with some extra gas in it to your frame or something. you dont want to be left high and dry hours from home.

Ratbike

Throw a quart of gas in your tank,X4, & drive like a mad man....will save you some time....WHOSE FIRST?:shrug:

Last edited:

toomanytoys

I don't know about a clone, but my Tecumseh 8HP doesn't get much run time out of a gallon.

I hit the trails and I have to limit myself to an hour to make it back home.

I think old school mini bike advertisements said 45 miles per gallon for 3.5 and 4hp flat heads.....so you would think a new ohv engine would be about 30% more efficient. I would say a minimum of 55 mpg.

Motra

haha yeah i live in utah, and i want to drive backroads from my home to salt lake city, about an hour in a car, im expection 2 hours ish :laugh:
Wow, that's quite a trip! Do you have your route planned? I work in Draper, you can stop by if you need a break.