Custom Tandem 525 Montgomery Wards

Hey all, built this earlier this year and got it ready to use at the Little Sahara campgrounds in OK. Other than being there for a few days we have ridden it a couple of times around the block. I enjoy building these and decided to build, flip, then build again.

This took me quite a long time to fab up. I'll try to keep it simple enough but also tell everything. I started with the 525 and stretched it 14" in the middle. The frame was reinforced at the front and back, and I used .125 wall tubing for strength. It has a Honda Z-50 front fork assy and I made thick wall fork tubes for it, it still has the good Honda bushings and rubbers. The risers are Japanese, the wheels are 10" aftermarket Honda Z-50 with the Z-50 hubs and drums, and 3.50-10 tires. It has a footbrake with a rod/cable setup. The jackshaft, plates, and swingarm are original. The rear shocks were ordered for HD application, and it has stiffer front springs too. The fuel tank is made from a fire extinguisher and wont rust out anytime soon. All bearings and about 99% of the bolts have been replaced with new. The seat was custom ordered for the bike as well.

The briggs 5hp has a ported block bored .010 (new piston assy), billet rod with governer removed, custom intake with Mikuni roundslide carburetor, head mods, new valves and a small aftermarket cam. I also replaced the coil when rebuilding the motor and the timing has been advanced a little. The header is a 3-stage and is fairly loud but I dont think too bad. The clutch, chains, and all sprockets are new and I used #41 chain for long life and strength.

This has a top speed of about 20-25 and handles like a dream. It rides 2 adults with ease (so far 370lbs) and the brakes work excellent. The bucket has a drain hose to keep the drinks cold lol.

This is located in Russellville, Arkansas. I am only asking for what I have in materials and machine shop labor, which is $900. I cannot take any less as it only has at most 2 hours on it. I would rather not ship it because it is fairly large in comparison to a regular minibike. The seat height is 29" tall and the bike end to end is about 65" long. The headlight runs off of batteries but is operated by the swith in front of the gas tank. It works but not for nighttime riding in pitch dark. I am 42 years old and have done frame up restorations on Honda Z-50s and also ATC 70s. I dont cut corners and try to do things the right way. I always build them with intentions of keep them for myself. Thanks for taking the time to read and you can contact me through here, or also my yahoo page which is bubbar297@yahoo.com. If we need to talk on the phone leave me a number. Thanks, William (Bubba)

I did forget to say that I would be willing to drive an hour or a little more to meet someone at no extra cost. The motor alone would cost almost half of what I am asking. Thanks

I suppose this will be the last bump on this. I'll entertain some trades if anyone is interested. Worst thing is no I guess lol. Thanks, Bubba