Dad's minibike

Drill and tapped the crank on the H70, just as easy as mentioned used a hand drill. Ordered a pair of tires and tubes 4.10/3.50x6 (hopefully these are correct). Made a quick seat and throttle hook up. Fired the motor on starting fluid haven't gassed her up yet. Just bought a project truck so need to get this finished.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you stefano for the tire size suggestion they were a perfect fit. It's so close to being done. Figuring out the brakes is all that's left

Get a clutch brake kit from OldMiniBikes, it's an economical starting point for brakes. :thumbsup: Unless you have a drum brake or caliper type option in mind.

Last edited:
Get a clutch brake kit from OldMiniBikes, it's an economical starting point for brakes. [emoji106] Unless you have a drum brake or caliper type option in mind.
It has a rear caliper that goes over the sproket, I'm just not sure if I have all the parts for it to work.

Both the tubes went flat. I took the valves out the stems when I installed the tubes so I'm assuming the problem lies there. They did feel a little funny screwing back in. They're Kendra tubes and tires.

My experience with tubes is to leave a little air in them so they stay up inside the tire. Without air they are just hanging out and you probably pinched them. Just took a tire off a friends lawn tractor because it would go flat. He had had it off several times trying to fix it. I found 8 points that it had been pinched. Tossed it and bought a new one. When I say a little air I am talking about 1 or 2 pounds.

Other should chime in and add to this as we all have our own techniques to do this.

Doug

I refilled them today to 20 psi and they seem to be holding. The tires also seated perfect. Not really sure what happened maybe not enough pressure and the valves leaked? Made progress on the brakes and made a exhaust. I also need to order long bolts/axles.

Update, finished the brakes. Rebuilt the carb with a cheapo ebay kit. Was running great pulling hard then it just started running bad. Not sure if I sucked some dirt in my carb but it will idle fine but if you give it any gas it spits and coughs, pops, black smoke from exhaust. I'm going to pull and clean the carb, fuel tank (Had a inline filter installed), and try a new plug. It was running so dang good until it wasn't lol.