Dad's minibike

This is my dad's minibike when he was a kid (69 now). I always wanted to build it and now is that time. I'm curious as to what exactly it is, he said it had a 2hp motor on it but is long gone. Is it a boonie?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dad's minibikr

Alexander Reynolds Corporation referred to as Arco... Looks like it could be a Colt model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that was fast! Never heard of that company before but I don't know much about these older bikes.

markus

I dunno how loosely the colt name was used, I know there was a department store version like that called a Corsair

ZOWIE!

She'll ride again.. I've stared at this frame for 35 years why I've waited so long to touch it I have no idea. Not to get all sappy but I really want to see my father ride this makes me a little teary eyed thinking about it. Me and my brother are working on it together so which is cool too. I just hope the minibike gods forgive me for putting a predator 212 on it.

Nice bike and story ! Thanks for sharing .....and be careful with that Predator or it will put Dad's but on the ground ....:laugh: Ask me how I know ????:cursing::cursing:
.....................ZOWIE

Last edited:
I know you already have a Predator, but, are you going to try to find a 3 1/2 hp Tecumseh for it? Like mentioned, the Predator has a lot of power and could "put your dad's butt on the ground". Go easy with the throttle when you first ride it. That is a light bike.
That looks like it might be a 72 tooth sprocket. With a 12 tooth clutch that is 6:1 ratio. That will have a lot of torque and acceleration.
An old school flat head Tec would look so much better in my opinion, others will vary.

Danford1

A small amount of progress, had the rims blasted. They cleaned up well now I need to figure out what sizetube, tires and bearing fit.....

What a wonderful project. Plus getting to do it as a family thing is even better. Like others have mentioned be careful of that 212 there pretty snappy especially when one's not expecting it. Had a friend came pretty close the launching himself into the woods this last weekend with my boonie with a fresh 212. I'll be following with interest. - WG

I agree on the motor. I have one of these, that my daughter learned to ride on. It has a 2.5 hp 79 cc Greyhound motor on it. It pull's me fine at 200 lb....and once up to speed clips right along in the upper 20's I'm sure.

I have a 6.5 predator on my Boonie Bike...which is a heavier frame, compared to yours, and it dumped me real quick.

Please help your Dad have a good experience for his first time back on his bike, and source a smaller hp motor, whether vintage or new, and you'll be glad you did....:thumbsup:

BTW...Thanks for doing this for your Dad !

Project been at a stand still. I'm not sure what size tube and tires these rims take. If anyone knows that would be great.

I have a Tecumseh H70 sitting in parents backyard for the last 15 years I was thinking of using on this instead of a predator. Got the h70 up and running only to find out the shaft isn't drilled and tapped. Not sure what my options are for running a clutch or if I'm just going to go back to the predator

Drilling and tapping the crank aren't hard at all. There should be some threads here on OldMiniBikes to help you out. One OldMiniBikes member is currently making a handy metal guide to make it even easier.