Damn

Those 8HP Briggs are hard to pull on a mini bike. :doah: Maybe this one has more compression. :wink:

MDB. I remember you were talking about hooking up a Mukini carb to the cable ball, you have to shape it a little or something, right? Mine has a clamp from cable to cable.

Last edited:
What size carb is that? I bet they robbed that from the same bike the silencer came from. I bet there was some porting done too, to flow all that air and fuel through that engine.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
GTO, you need pictures. I don't understand what your saying.

The cable normally has a ball made on the end. This ball normally needs to be grind slightly to fit though the factory carb cable slot. Then the "shaved" ball end goes into a slot that it hooks up into. This is usually the case with all slide type float bowl carbs.

I havent taken the carb of yet had too much other stuff to work on but I guess I'll figure it out when I pop the top off. I remember you talking about it before.

The engine is hard to pull when you feel the piston compessing and it will jolt the mini up off your foot, it's almost better to lean it against something. I better get the strongest coard made. :doah:

First test run I almost flipped the mini and scared the hell out of my kid. :smile:

If you find one that came with a Mikuni, they have a little barrel on the end.You have to push it through the top an the spring and compress the spring with your fingers to get enough slack to get it down through the slot, then pull it over and up. You'll spout a few choice curse words before you get it in. once you get it, you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed.

65ShelbyClone

The engine is hard to pull when you feel the piston compessing and it will jolt the mini up off your foot, it's almost better to lean it against something. I better get the strongest coard made. :doah:
No need, just use the "XR starting drill" as it's known in the XR600/XR650L crowd. Bring it up to TDC before strong-arming it. That way you have a full free-spinning revolution to build up momentum to carry the crank through the compression stroke.

I have an old iron Briggs with no flywheel and a heavily milled head and even the "starting drill" often results in bruised hands. :devil2: