DB 30 Tires

:grind: ok, another contender. Nova Scotia is a combo of bedrock, bush scrub and greasy slimy sedimentary mud. This looks right with the big clearing lugs. Rough for road work though.

15 x 5 x 6 X-Trac Snowblower Tire Part #: 8-12765-H2 $39.99

8-12765-H2 - 15 x 5 x 6 X-Trac Snowblower Tire | Snowblower Parts | MFG Supply

Snow-Hog, Turf-Saver, Turf-Saver 2 and Straight Ribbed pics attached for tread reference.

Last edited:
you just need to get a handfull of small washers:scooter:
How do you think? I can see shim out the Rotor with some washers, but I'm having a hard time grasping the concept of shiming the caliber with washers. Doesn't the caliber mount straight to the frame bracket? Mine has one washer between the caliber and the bracket so taking that out will pull the caliber closer to the bracket.

How do you think? I can see shim out the Rotor with some washers, but I'm having a hard time grasping the concept of shiming the caliber with washers. Doesn't the caliber mount straight to the frame bracket? Mine has one washer between the caliber and the bracket so taking that out will pull the caliber closer to the bracket.
Take that back, spaced out the rotor and than turnt the knob to pull the caliber outwards

Tap'd on my Samsung Galaxy SIII

After much research, I went with this. Hi-Run WD1030 15 x 6.00-6 in. 2 Ply Replacement Tire - Tractor Supply Co. Your local tractor supply HAS THESE IN STOCK and this helped sway me rather than ordering and wainting since my current tire was gone.

I'm mainly on road and the ribbed style seems to be good for this.

To get the old tire off, I cut the middle if the tire with tin snips, then I realized the inner part if the tire, inside the rubber, has steel wire bands around it (where the rim mounts). That wasn't easy to cut through, but ingot it off, now going to the tire place to mount it.

Some more pics:

This tire from tracctor supply, 15x6x6 DOES CLEAR the factory brake caliper!

Some notes...

1) This tire does corner better than the stock "V" style tire, and you can take corners faster and lean in more it seems.

2) My top speed on my fully stock 97cc doodle bug is now 38 mph, DOWNHILL. Before it was around 36 max downhill. Nomal crusing speed on flat roads are around 32 mph...