DB30 front brakes

I am toying with the idea of installing front brakes on my Doodlebug. I have seen a couple of picks of people doing it with a rear wheel on the front. I know the forks are not the strongest things in the world but how much braking force will be applied with the cable operated caliper? The thought of cutting them and sliding a piece of round rod as far up as it would go and then reinstalling the bottoms has crossed my mind. Pros??? Cons??? I took an extra rear wheel and chucked it in the lathe this morning. I cut the flange for the sprocket off of it and cleaned it up. Boy do these thing have some run out in the rim...... I was shocked that it was so visible to the naked eye. I was skeered to measure it.....

I know that converting to hydraulic brakes is the ticket but I cant find a caliper that will bolt on, yet.

With my big self on this little thing I will need all the brakes I can get.... And yes it has a Sneaks headed built 212 Hemi Predator mocked up in it already. So its going to be a "Mr. Toads Wild Ride"......

Experienced voices please speak out... I need all the help I can get.

Thanks!

Last edited:

2SlickNick

X7 Pocket bike Rear Caliper (50mm bolt spacing, 1 Chamber) 8mm thread hose bolt | eBay

This one also fits...
I have this one on rear wheel.

Edit... I just purchased another one of these too - Lol... I get one to two years from these. So I thought I better have a back up.

This caliper does not fit the DB30 stock....

I ordered it because the spacing is the 50mm, but it is back ass-wards. It must be a front brake or different application.

I am sorry if anyone purchased the above due to my lack of info.

The 1st link I posted, Well - that fits perfect.

This caliper does not fit the DB30 stock....

I ordered it because the spacing is the 50mm, but it is back ass-wards. It must be a front brake or different application.

I am sorry if anyone purchased the above due to my lack of info.

The 1st link I posted, Well - that fits perfect.
It could be a left side rear application Nick. That would make it backwards for the DB.

I saved them in my watch list but have not ordered one yet. If you figure out the correct rear post it up so we can get the right one.

Thanks for updating this.

Daniel Coop

You need an X7 front caliper on the rear. If you had a Motovox, the rear X7 caliper will fit it's rear, but I ran into the same problem. I bought both front and rear kits and ended up having to buy another X7 front caliper for the rear. But then I realized that the front brake hose was too short, and with my 6" stretch, the rear hose was a hair too short also. Trying to find correct length brake hoses with the 8 & 10 mm banjo fittings is next to impossible. I had to have mine custom made to fit and I switched the lines so that my rear brake master cylinder was on the right side, making it easy for me to lock up the front brake with my left hand so I can burn out freely with my right.