db30 new carb tuning

Not sounding so good yet..
Db30 engine idle - YouTube

I got a new carb off ebay from china.. it looks just like the stock one... is there just one screw to turn that adjusts it? See video... thats the best I can get it so far :( the strange noises sound like death. I rode down the driveway and it had good pickup but the engine stopped as soon as I let off the gas. Starts on the first pull though.

Are you referring to the black plastic screw that adjusts throttle? I've got an aftermarket carb that has the gold screw for a slow jet adjustment, but not all carbs have those. Some are under a plastic plug and difficult to get at. I've also been told these engines are painfully lean. I got mine with a mini, and when I opened the carb, the main jet was drilled so huge, it looked like it was set up for alky! I found a replacement carb on amazon for $9. It will get drilled out some when I finally get that project going. There is a thread on here somwhere that tells how to make these motors run well. I think it also involves a couple half inch holes being drilled in the muffler.

Are you referring to the black plastic screw that adjusts throttle? I've got an aftermarket carb that has the gold screw for a slow jet adjustment, but not all carbs have those. Some are under a plastic plug and difficult to get at. I've also been told these engines are painfully lean. I got mine with a mini, and when I opened the carb, the main jet was drilled so huge, it looked like it was set up for alky! I found a replacement carb on amazon for $9. It will get drilled out some when I finally get that project going. There is a thread on here somwhere that tells how to make these motors run well. I think it also involves a couple half inch holes being drilled in the muffler.
OK I have only been touching the brass screw on the side. I didnt think that plastic black one did much of anything. I will try adjusting that one.