desert find on cl........

I was given one once and had to winch it onto the trailer it was locked up so badly, looked to me like there were about $500 worth of just chains and bearings to replace just to get it to move by pushing it so I traded it for a 16 gauge shotgun which was a good trade. My mind was blown to see what it takes to make one work just in engineering, some sort of planetary gear transmission and what seemed like 150 foot of #41 chain. The guy who traded me never did anything with it and his wife donated it to the first organization that called, he said it was a great relief to be rid of it and bought the shotgun back for $75. His wife will not let us do business any more now though, he sneaks over and buys stuff still despite her warnings.:laugh:

lol......good story there outlaw.......you get something in your head and it wont leave till you satisfy that want.........later you are scratching your head and asking yourself......what was I thinking?

Oh yeah, the dentist. I'm at a cross roads between buying a new AC unit for the house, or getting a few teeth done. Rediculous how much dental work costs in the US.

yeah, its really bad when you are diagnosed with TMJ...........its not recognized as a health problem, which makes it all out of your pocket.........years of stress resulting in tmj.....I did learn something and will share here in case anyone has this problem...........clenching your teeth is a bad thing........your body in defense will tell your jawbone to dissolve to allow your teeth to move.......to keep them from breaking..............which in the long run will cause you to loose those teeth and welcome implants..........if you have stress....do something about it before it is too late ...use a mouth guard and get rid of the stress...........it will kill you..........

thought about that.............not real comfortable about crossing the borders these days.......guess I should get over it.....
A lot of people here do that Pam. My Mother just had some stakes or implants or something like that done. Her bill was over $11K. For that kind of money, I can fly to Thailand and get it done, have a great time, and still come back with several thousand dollars. (Depending on how great of a time I have)

My uncle had a 6 wheeler like that when I was a kid. He used to take us for rides all over the place. I think it was called an Amphicat. It was cool.

I just picked one of those up a few weeks ago "allis chalmers terra tiger" this one is in better shape than mine and yeah when they don't roll they are worse to move than a snowmobile.