Do Work Son!

This is the guy working for me sanding the JB weld we used to fill in numerous small pits in the frame of this mini.

here you can see the pitting filled, the gray color is the filler

yup, its a small mini and it needed saving, she's in great condition other than the shallow rust pitting on the bottom rails, its plenty strong still so might as well make it pretty and seal it up.:scooter:

yes indeed, you have to use the jb original formula, its 600* stuff and the powder bakes at 375-400.
This bike will get a mad silver flaked basecoat and then a candy red topcoat that will look a mile deep when I'm done. Its going to be insane in the sunlight.

yes indeed, you have to use the jb original formula, its 600* stuff and the powder bakes at 375-400.
This bike will get a mad silver flaked basecoat and then a candy red topcoat that will look a mile deep when I'm done. Its going to be insane in the sunlight.
:thumbsup: Something I noted on that frame, is that you don't have a heavy layer of JB weld anywhere. That "has" to go a long way towards preventing gas-out too. :shrug:

I'm a sucker for "candy red metallic" so looking forward to seeing this one!

:thumbsup: Something I noted on that frame, is that you don't have a heavy layer of JB weld anywhere. That "has" to go a long way towards preventing gas-out too. :shrug:

I'm a sucker for "candy red metallic" so looking forward to seeing this one!
no need for a thick layer, well, this was a final layer and each layer got sanded down to the tube metal and then water is put on it and that shows the tiny tiny pinholes so then we bake it dry again, cool it down, smear on another layer and sand it away again. I originally was going to use powder to fill the pits but they proved to aggresive in spots, so I had to strip the bad areas again and start the jb filling. The next thing is a wet black coat, then the flake, then the candy. DO WORK!:scooter:

no need for a thick layer, well, this was a final layer and each layer got sanded down to the tube metal and then water is put on it and that shows the tiny tiny pinholes so then we bake it dry again, cool it down, smear on another layer and sand it away again. I originally was going to use powder to fill the pits but they proved to aggresive in spots, so I had to strip the bad areas again and start the jb filling. The next thing is a wet black coat, then the flake, then the candy. DO WORK!:scooter:
Ah. Now all that makes sense. Attention to detail, and a few bakes/cures. Anyway, looking forward to seeing this. :thumbsup:

I used jb weld to repair a 1984 cr125 cover that was ate from the water/coolant.

I then spent days making the jb weld smooth as can be and the powder coated it wheel silver it looked brand new only for me to sell it off before I could finish it.