Does anyone here have the ability to straighten fork tubes?

WLB

Received your fork tubes this afternoon Eric. That was kind of a tricky pair since the bend started a bit inside the spring cups, and them, and the rectangle pieces kept me from applying pressure in the ideal location. Figured you wouldn't want me to cut them off so I did the best I could working around them:laugh::laugh:

Just for general information: My aluminum fixtures for straightening tubes are sized for motorcycle diameter tubes so I made up a set for these tubes by drilling a couple of holes the exact size of the tubes in a piece of hardwood and then sawing them in half leaving four exact sized saddles for supporting and applying pressure.

MVC-904F.JPG MVC-905F.JPG MVC-906F.JPG

Guys its this easy.....

Don't be scared of it. Just grab it and put it back where it was.......... Didn't even take them off. The frame adds leverage to pull them back.

Doug
:thumbsup:

My Trail horse had Hi-Speed forks..and they were that bad.. used a 4X4, some VERY mild heat and my 250lbs of fat ass to stomp them back....I agree with Doug..You can do it!

IMG_2224.JPG

Last edited:
I'd like to give Bill (WLB) a public thank you for straightening my forks. I couldnt be happier how they turned out. Couple shots of the bike today cleaned up and a before shot of the forks after I bought it. Also thanks to everyone for suggestions on how to do it. Next time I'll try to tackle it myself. Thanks again Bill!!

20170618_152728.jpg 20170618_152645.jpg 20170618_152614.jpg
20170604_144821.jpg