Don't hate... throttle questions

I am really confused on the whole throttle cable set-up on the HF 6.5. I noticed that most people are using the lever on the side for their set up. when I move this lever, it doesn't do anything to the throttle. Putting it on the turtle setting just keeps the cable from opening throttle. If I put it on the rabbit, I can feel the return tension when I open the throttle (no tension on turtle). So I am just confused how people are using this lever as the "throttle lever." Is the throttle rod just somehow attached to the lever?

Welcome!:thumbsup: I think there are many threads on the subject here, use the search feature and you'll find it I'll bet. I had to do the same thing to get mine set up. I have since uses washers and a double locknut situation to eliminate the sloppy lever and the nylock wont stay forever. My throttle is perfect now and both engages and returns effortlessly. You'll get it figured out!:thumbsup:

I have been looking all night and couldn't find any specific information. Just some pictures and videos, but nothing showing the hook up to the carb.

I mean there is a lot of information on attaching the cable and places to put the return springs, but I cant find anything on how it is all attached to the carb.

dvd0020

Search function - 1
Me - 0

Guess I just didn't know what to search for. The governer pulling the carb closed when you start it is what really confused me. Got it all hooked up. Thanks!